🍁Chapter 36🍁

Misaki POV

That's when I saw him. He was leaning against the wall, peeping at what's happening in front. A man was holding a gun, standing behind him. He looked like he was about to shoot. I quickly knocked him out as I hit on his head. Conan turned around, looking at me with the person lying on the ground, knocked out by me.

We have him tied up and blindfolded in Jodie sensei's car. Jodie sensei was scolding conan for his carelessness. "I will take care of him, don't worry. Take care and be careful. Oh and about the thing you told me, I will come and investigate. Meanwhile, don't mess around. "
As Jodie sensei's car drove off. I glared at Conan. "you have alot of explaining to do."

"I saw them and I decided to follow them. That's all." he said.
"don't do it again. You nearly got us all killed." and I told him what happened.
"What about that thing? " conan asked frantically.
I waved my maple leaf shaped pendant in front of him. He relaxed and sighed.

I started scanning every single room, walking around the moment I got home. Spotting a camera in a corner, conan said "looks like just a burglary gone wrong, nothing much about it." I smiled, leading him out of the room.

I slowly sipped my tea, sitting on the sofa. They are suspecting us, to have placed the cameras there.
I walked out of the house, wandering around the neighbourhood. I need time to think, but what we don't have now is time. They may expose our identity any minute.
"misaki?" a voice called behind me. I turned around and saw tatsue, and wanted to walk away.
"wait. I know I mistaken you. Can you forgive me? I'll tell you something about the B.O that you don't know yet."

I crossed my arms waiting impatiently. He looked around before whispering beside my ear. "they told me to get a thumb drive from you." I looked at him, pretending to be confused. "What thumb drive?" I replied, looking confused.
"I don't know. They say someone gave it to you or your sister. I don't know if you are lying to me, but they told me it's with you. They checked with your sister.

"they told u so u believed them?" I asked. If I dont make him believe there's no thumb drive, they wouldn't let me off.
"you know I don't mean that. And if you really don't have it, I'll just tell them. Or else they will probably disturb you."

I nodded, sitting on the swing. Tatsue sat on the one beside. His phone suddenly rang, and he went to pick it up. He came back after a while, saying that he need to go. Looking at his uneasy face, I felt that something was wrong. After he left, I called Jodie sensei.

"you sure it something about their operation?" she looked at me skeptically. I got her to help me follow him.
"just take it as a favour, OK? If it's really related, then you can call for backup."
She looked at me, nodding.

They stopped at the pier.
We sat behind the car, making sure it covers us and then we start to hear what's going on.

Tatsue : i asked, she doesn't have it.

Masked man : if it's not with then where is that thumb drive? I sent people to search their house but they couldn't find it.

Tatsue : maybe it was on that guy when you eliminated him. I'm quite sure it's not with her. He would never put his sister in danger, as far as I know him.

I flinched when I heard them talking about shinoki. I waved at jodie sensei to go back. Hearing the last of their conversation as I heard tatsue say "I'll check on it again."

"what thumb drive are they talking about?" jodie sensei asked on our way to the FBI headquarters.

"there's something you need to know. I should have told you since the beginning." I said. It's time I told them the truth.

"That thumb drive they were talking about. It actually a microchip. And it's with me. I feel that I should hand it over to you. "

I walked out of the headquarters relieved. The maple leaf pendant was still mine to keep, but they had to remove the microchip, which was fine with me. I should had done that long ago, but I wasn't sure if it was safe then.
I saw the kids walking out of the cinema, happily chatting. Ai'kun, as expected, was yawning while walking behind them.

"Misaki'nechan!" the kids called out, and I walked to them. After saying goodbye, Ai'kun and Conan walked along with me as we went home.

"You handed in that thing?! But still, at least we don't have to worry about it anymore. " conan commented, as we stopped in front of our house. A moving truck was in front of the house beside, which means we have a new neighbour.

"I wonder who is it?" conan murmured as I unlocked the gate.
"as long as its not someone like okiya subaru should do. I'm creeped out by him always." Ai'kun commented as she rang the doorbell at Hakase's, but no one picked up.
"you wanna come over, he's probably to engrossed in his experiments to not hear the doorbell." I asked just as the gate opened, and a stranger walked out. I walked over immediately, suspecting a burglar.

"who are you? What are you doing in Hakase's house? " conan asked, while I studied the man standing there.

"im moving to that house beside, and I saw Hakase on the way and he invited me over. He's cooking curry. " he said as we walked in.

I went in to the kitchen immediately, leaving them at the living room. "hakase do you know who is he?"

He shrugged, and turn to his curry. "the kids are coming over for the sleepover right? I may need you to help me pack abit." he said, scooping out the curry. As I took the plates out, the kids have arrived and are talking to the new neighbour.

As we all sat around the dining table, he introduces himself.
"I'm shiro yamasuke, and I just moved to Japan a few days ago."
"I'm kudo misaki, this is Edogawa Conan, Haibara Ai, Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko."

"edogawa conan? What a special name. Are you named after conan Doyle?" conan laughed innocently. Obviously he was.

"Kudo..? Are you related to the famous detective by any chance?" I laughed nervously, saying that he was my cousin.

After dinner, the kids had asked Shiro'san to come with us for the camp tomorrow.
And he agreed.

"do you think..." conan asked as we walked back to our home. The kids are staying over at Hakase's.
"I don't know, honestly. He doesn't look like it, but his probing questions made me think twice." I replied, thinking about that confusing man. He might be someone like Subaru'san or someone from BO that wants to investigate on us.

But right now I'll have to pack our stuff for tomorrow's camp.