Chapter 23

Misaki POV

"Welcome to Osaka!" Ran read the words on the sign board just at the exit of the station, excited for where we are going next. We bought tickets for the amusement park here, but what Ran didnt know is that she would be going in herself. Shinichi doesnt want to risk her life like the case at Miracle Land (A/N : its its in one of the dc movies).
Well, i called up Kazuha to go with her so she wouldn't be so lonely, she should be here any minute.

"Ran'chan, Misaki'chan, Conan'kun!" A voice came behind us as we turn around, and saw Kazuha there, waving at us. "You all go in first, heres the tickets, we still have a case to solve, seeya!" We said, running away as soon as possible before they had a chance to protest.

Ran POV
So they ran off again, guess i shouldn't have believed what they say by a holiday without a case. "I know right Ran'chan, Heiji is also in a case and he told me not to follow him, nevermind them, lets enjoy ourselves!" Kazuha said, pulling me into the amusement park.

Misaki POV

Phew we managed to get away, now to meet our client.
"Should be here." Shinichi said, as we stood before a big bungalow, but it looks deserted as we stepped into it, dust covering many of the furniture. An old man sat on a chair in front of the big dining table, with a hoodie covering most of his face.
"Kudo Misaki, right? These are the pictures and information. I want you to investigate the truth behind this accident ten years ago. Here's a phone, come back here when you finish. Now go." The man suddenly spoke, throwing a file of papers to the other side of the table where we were standing, stood up and walked into the dark corridor.
"Looks like we don't have much, lets go." I said, walking out of the house, calling for a taxi on the way.

"There's the scene of the so-called accident, look through it, it might show us where is it. It looks like the mountain behind that temple where people always go when in Osaka." Shin'chan said, asking the taxi that just came to bring us there.

We alighted, catching sight of the crime scene immediately. "Looks suspicious." Shinichi said, examining the marks on the floor. "Lets ask around this area." I said, putting my hoodie on. With Shinichi looking at me strangely. "We dont know if he sent people watching over us, its easier to blend in this way, he probably got people remembering how we wore." I said, handing my cap over to the little Shinichi.

We were cutting through the alley, to the row of shops at the other side, with Shinichi following behind me. "Ne, do you think-" I turned around, only to see Conan missing.

Conan POV

A hand suddenly wrapped around my mouth and pulled me into a corner, with me struggling to break free. "Who sent you here, speak!" A familiar voice rang in my ears as i broke free and turned around and saw him that shocked me.

Misaki POV

"Conan'kun? Where did you go-" my sentence was not complete as someone pulled me in. My instincts acted up as i swung my hand over and knocked him flat on the ground. "You, you are the famous detective!" The person said, as I cautiously examined him. He doesn't have and weapons on him, which is weird and the way he tackled me wasn't like an assassin. I saw a phone identical to the one the client gave lying beside him. "Looks like we're on the same boat." I said, holding it out. "That boy was with you? No wonder. Come with me." He said, as I followed him towards where Conan went missing.

Conan POV

"Hattori?!" I shouted, not expecting to see him here. "Ku-Kudo?!" He shouted, shocked like me.

"Yo, cant recognise your friends anymore eh, Hattori'kun?" Misaki said behind us, scowling. "So-sorry, i didnt expect it to be you, why are you wearing that black hoodie anyway?" He replied.

"Did you call that little boy Kudo?" The person who tried to attack me just now asked. "Oh no no i meant Kudo's younger brother, you must have heard wrongly." Hattori have a tiny laugh as I glared at him. Shinichi nearly blown his cover because of the word "Kudo".

After a few hours of analysing evidences, we reached a dead end. Given the accident is murder, as deemed by the police, no one would have survived till now to tell the story, or to get us to investigate. "How can this be?" Hattori mumbled, pacing around the room.
"What if, the person who instigated us to investigate was the victim himself? Then he could have faked his death and go under hiding." Suddenly all the evidences clicked. We all grinned at each other, having solved the mystery behind it, now the only thing left to do is to uncover the truth.