▪<Chapter 11>▪

"Oh my, this building is so grand!" Ran and Misaki gasped, admiring the beautiful building before them. "I cannot believe we are going in!" Misaki squealed excitedly, interlocking Ran's arms with hers as they walked through the front door, with Shinichi following behind them, wondering how this building is grand. Of course, his parents had brought him to lots of parties like this, so its not exciting anymore. Sonoko elbowed Shinichi in the arm, saying "hey hey, use this chance fully to win her ok?" Winking and laughing, she joined Ran and Misaki in front, leaving the blushing Shinichi. "Sonoko......" He scowled, following them into the room. Inspector Megure, Sato and Takagi are also there, greeting them as they walked in.

Soon after, the party started. With the girls chatting and Mouri eating to his heart's content, as usual, Shinichi felt bored, taking out his phone and scrolling through the latest news, he suddenly heard a familiar voice. "Oi! Kudo'kun! Long time no see huh!" Making everyone, including Mouri, who was eating, to stop and look at the two of them. "Oi oi keep your volume down! And who asked you to tell Misaki, and how did you even meet her" Shinichi asked, remembering how he and Misaki met at the sight of his "buddy", Hattori Heiji who told Misaki his identity. "Sorry, she said she was your cousin, so I told her about it and she came to Osaka asking around for someone called kudo Shinichi, and I happened to be there, so I gave her directions. And looks like Kazuha knows her too, and she told me to help sooo" He said, putting his arms behind his back.

"Kazuha?" Shinichi said, wondering. "Hai, we met before haven't we Kazuha? And the opening ceremony is about to start, so keep your volume down" Misaki said, winking at Shinichi as the curtains made way in the middle, showing the two hosts for the programme. "Hello everyone! Welcome to this par- oof!" before the host can finish his sentence, a laser can be seen pointing at his heart which a bullet went in a second later, earning shocked expressions from the audiences with some ladies screaming. Shinichi ran to the stage immediately, with Misaki keeping people off the stage. Hattori meanwhile, spoke to the security guards to seal off all entrances to prevent people from running out of panic, running towards the victim at the stage along with Misaki and looked at Shinichi, which shook his head, showing that he is dead. "He seemed to die from blood loss, he said, looking at the bloodstained floor. "He is holding something." Misaki said, using a handkerchief to  take the paper like stuff from his hand. "It seems to be a pieces of paper torn out from his script. And it wrote I , N and G" Hattori said, wondering what these three letters mean. "Hmm, it can be NIG or ING or-" Misaki stopped in fear. "GIN, Gin." Shinichi said, bringing his hands to his chin, the usual posture when he is in thought. "If he was here then he could have saw you!" Misaki said, eyes wide with fear. "So its better if you stayed out of the investigation this time, or just don't show your face in any cameras." Hattori said pushing Shinichi down the stage. "Bu-but " Shinichi stuttered, with Misaki cutting him out. "Just use this time to spend some time with Ran'san ok?" She said, walking out with Hattori to investigate. "Taku (A/N: it means geez if im not wrong)" Shinichi groaned, walking towards where Ran is. On the way, someone whispered into his ears, "That girl over there, your girlfriend right? If you want her unhurt, come to the storage room." Shinichi turned, but saw only crowds and crowds of people. He decides to follow his instructions, and started walking to the room.

Shinichi POV

"Who are you?" I asked, walking carefully into the storage room. If someone wants to ambush me, this is the perfect place. "Kudo Shinichi,  I did not expect to see you anymore after killing you with the APTX, and yet you are here. You probably did not swallow the poison right?" A shadow came out, smirking. Gin?! Oh no, what should I do? He might have a gun, I cannot fight him. "I give you two choices," he continued. "Be part of our organisation as a member, or I shall have to feed you the APTX again."
I will never join them, but, changing back to conan again?! I have no choice, guess I will take the latter.
"Then kill me." I said, extending my hand out. "No, I shall make sure you eat it." He said, pushing the pill down my mouth, walking out of the room laughing like a maniac. The pill took effect fast as I sunk into pain. I quickly took out my phone and called Hakase.

Haibara POV

The proffesor's phone rang and I went over to see a glimpse of Kudo'kun's contact before Hakase picked up the phone. "Hello? What you got shrunken again?! Ok I will bring your clothes over but are you sure about taking the antidote?" Hakase said, looking at me. I snatched the phone from his hands and spoke, "Kudo'kun, I know you are anxious about changing back, but right now they already think you are dead for sure, so if they find out you are alive they might start suspecting us, then you will not only be the only one in trouble. Consider faking death for a while, of course you can tell your girlfriend since she knows your identity, but dont reveal to other people." I said. This might be the better solution now. "Ok, but can you quickly come with the clothes, its uncomfortable." "Hai hai, great tantei'san" I smirked as I hung up, and said to Hakase. "Lets go"

Narrator POV

Shinichi called Misaki just as he hung up.

~~conversation ~~
Shinichi: Hello? Misaki I need your help. Quickly get Ran and the rest out of the building. Gin is here.

Misaki: Huh what?! Ok I will but wouldn't they bomb up the place?

Shinichi: why didnt I think of it?! Quick tell Megure'keibu to evacuate everyone.

Misaki: sure what about you?

Shinichi: Hakase is on his way.

Misaki: Ok.

Misaki quickly ran towards to speak to Megure, which aroused Ran and Kazuha, looking at her curiously. Heiji was with Megure, a shocked look on their faces. Megure walked away with the two teens whispering.
"What Kudo took the poison again?!" Heiji nearly shouted, "Shhh! Cant you keep your mouth shut for once, Hattori?!" Misaki exclaimed, as she pulled Hattori over and grabbed Ran while Hattori grabbed Kazuha. "Quick we must go theres a bomb in here! And where is your dad Ran?" Misaki said, looking around. "He is there, is Shinichi alright?" Ran asked, frantically looking for Shinichi. "I will tell you later." Misaki said, running over to pull the "great detective" who was half drunk down the building.

"Phew we made it out of the chaos." Misaki sighed, looking at the nearly evacuated building.
"Wait where is Shinichi?" Ran said, looking around once more.
"Ther-theres something I need to tell you." Misaki started. "Shinichi, he shrunk back to Conan. The members of that organisation found him and thought he never swallowed the pill so they fed him with another one." She said, looking at Ran.
"Good thing he is still alive, you sounded so serious, Misaki! We just have to find a way to make him back to normal right?" Ran said, hugging Misaki till she was nearly out of breath. "Bu-but we have to fake his death for now, or the organisation will get suspicious and kill all of us. So we might need your cooperation, Ran'san. Wait, but shouldn't him be out here by now?" Misaki said, looking worriedly at the building. "How many more minutes before the bomb goes off?" Misaki asked, not believing her eyes that her smart and agile cousin has not come out yet.
"4,3,2,1" Takagi counted, the buildings exploding at his count of 1. "Shinichi...."Ran said, crumbling to her knees as tears fell onto the floor, Misaki hugging her quietly.
"Baka, I promised I won't leave you anymore did I? I won't break our promise." Shinichi walked over, in the form of Conan, smiling at her. "Shinichi!" She said, hugging him tightly, with a face-red Conan blushing and hugging her. "Stop getting lovey dovey will you? I admit Im jealous. And we need to think of a plan." Misaki said, walking towards Mouri's car as Ran and Shinichi blushed and walked to the car behind everyone, hand in hand.

A/N: sorry if it was cringey. I might not be publishing chapters as fast cus Im apparently out of ideas :/ See ya in the next chapter!

~crystal'san