Chapter Eight.

Vomment! It's funny how spell check thinks it's not a word. Well it sure is in my world!

This is a chapter just to clear up things that weren't explained in the last chapter :) plus you get to see a little more about Chloe and her family.

Vomment!

~Shannon:)

_______________________________________

* earlier that same day *

Chloe

I sighed as I looked out the dirty bus window. Why does school have to be so boring?! I am listening to music, alone. I know, I have no friends.

The song changed on my Ipod to viva la vida by Coldplay. A grin spread across my face. The image of the boys on X Factor singing this song came in my mind. Man, I loved those days. I sang the lyrics in my head.

I used to rule the world

seas would rise as I gave the word

now in the morning I sleep alone

sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice

feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

listen as the crowd would sing

now the old king is dead, long live the king

one minute I held the key

next the walls were closed on me

and I discovered that my castles stand

between the pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I was interrupted by a buzzing in my pocket. I pulled out my phone, andchecked who it was from.

1 message from " DJ Malik "

My heart skipped a beat. Zayn Malik just texted me.

Zayn: hey babe :)x

Chloe: Hey Zayn! what's up?

Zayn: just wondering if you want to meet the boys and Tara at starbucks at 4?

Chloe: sure. See you in a bit!

Zayn: Great. Bye

Chloe: Bye xx

The bus jolted to a stop. I grabbed my backpack, and walked down the narrow aisle. As soon as I steped off the bus, warm summer air blew in my face. Only one week left of school!

I walked in my front door. My Aunt greeted me as I walked in the kitchen and dropped my bag.

"Hi Chlo. How was school?" My Aunt asks, using her nickname for me.

"Eh, okay," I said, resisting the urge to smild "I'm meeting Tara and some friends at starbucks at 4."

"What friends?" she asked, and I cringed. That sounded suspicious. I thought of something quickly.

"From school, but you don't know them." opened my backpack and grabbed the little homework I had.

"Well, alright.."

"Thank you!" I ran up to my room and shut the door quickly. I plopped down on my bed, not bothering to take my shoes off.

Yes, I do live with my aunt. Both of my parents died in a car crash when I was six. My parents had lived in Michigan, so I had to leave all of my friends behind since my Aunt lives in South Carolina. Tara was my first friend that I remember here. she's still my best friend, she's been my best friend for eleven years.

*buzz*

It was my phone again. I take it out and hold it up with my arms straight in the air. It was from Tara.

Tara: just got some crazy news.

Chloe: good or bad?

Tara: well... I guess you could say both.

Chloe: go on, tell me

Tara: okay so you know how my parents always go on business trips?

Chloe: yeah.....

Tara: well they are going on one, and its going to last the whole summer! so I am going to ask the boys if I could stay with them for the rest of the summer.

Chloe: wow.... I'm sure that they will say yes. Well, maybe. Do you think I could come too?!

Tara: YESS! a whole summer with one direction and my best friend sounds good to me :)

Chloe: aw Tara, your so sweet x

Tara: So at starbucks we'll ask them?

Chloe: I guess so. see you there!

That ended our conversation. It was 2:15 now, so I had plenty of time to do my homework. I finished it fast, and picked out something good to wear. I going to see the boys again. My heartbeat quickened and I smiled uncontrollably just thinking about it.

~

* honk! *

That was Tara's car waiting for me, like she always does. This seems to happen a lot.

"Bye!" I yelled as I ran out the door, my purse slung around my shoulder

"Bye, Chlo. Have a good time!" I heard my aunt yell back as I jump in the passenger seat of Tara's convertible and sped out of my neighborhood.