The Drummer

A week has passed since that little ordeal and I haven't fully recovered from it.

Am I overreacting? I mean, he has a lot of tattoos so maybe that's helped him with the pain or whatever. It definitely helped ease the pain, for me. But there's something about the way he did it; he was so careful and considerate.

"Liah!" Harry shouted, breaking my mental rant. I blinked swiftly, looking down at the shirt I was supposed to be sewing. It was one of Harry's flannels that was ripped by one of the fans not too long ago. I ended up sewing it in every other direction but straight.

"Whoops" I said, frowning at my work. Harry raised an eyebrow as he reached to examine the damages. I bit my bottom lip, feeling terrible for what I did to my friends shirt.

"It's okay," I cocked my head, watching, as he ripped the area where I sewed. My eyes widened when he started twisting a piece of the fabric. This is a stylist's worst nightmare. "I'll just wear it as a headband." He grinned, tying it around his head then nodding in approval.

"I'm sorry, Har...I wasn't-"

"Paying attention because you were daydreaming." He finished, folding his arms and leaning against a wall.

"Well okay, smarty." I retorted, copying his action.

"Feisty, yeah? What's wrong, Maliah and don't give me some bs answer." I cringed at my name. He's never called me by my whole name so I knew he meant business. I shifted my weight to my other leg, avoiding his gaze.

"I've been stressed with the tour, is all." I answered, lying my butt off. This job was a walk in the park, besides having to do inventory every now and then. He gave me a dismissive shrug, leaving the situation alone. I could tell that he was unsure about my answer but I'm glad he decided to act against his feelings.

Today, we're in Dublin, Ireland. I don't think anyone was more excited than Niall. He jumped around the stage like an idiot, singing traditional Irish songs.

"Are ya happy you're here, Niall?" Louis asked, sarcastically. Everyone laughed, except Niall, who flicked him off.

"This is me homeland," He looked in the distance, at the empty seats, proudly. "Gonna be the best show, hands down."

"Absolutely not." Harry quickly replied, grabbing his in-ears. It took everyone by surprise but I swear Niall wasn't going to let anyone rain on his parade. He simply rolled his eyes and placed the guitar strap around his body.

My eyes locked on the drum set with the words 'One Direction" in front of it. Slowly, I walked over to touch the cold metal instrument, being careful not to break anything. I plopped down on the seat, jumping when I heard someone behind me.

"Like it, huh? Brand new set." The boy's drummer, Josh, exulted, brushing his hand across the cymbals.

"It's pretty neat."

"Do you play?" I quickly shook my head, causing him to chuckle.

"I can teach you." He sat beside me, pointing to a certain drum, indicating for me to hit it. I obliged but I couldn't really get the hang of it so he walked over to stand behind me.

"Slow down and put it all together. Like this." He leaned into my back, covering my hands with his, guiding them. My body tensed at his touch and I tried to get the hang of the drums but It wasn't working. I flung my head back in frustration, landing on Josh's shoulder.

"I suck at this." I said glancing at his pretty light brown eyes. He shook his head at me, looking down at me, smiling.

"Not everyone's a drummer." His eyes scanned from mine to my lips then back up.