The Announcement

"Maliiiiah." The voice quietly called out. I searched for the source but there was nothing but darkness around me. I stood to my feet, running further into the gloom, in hopes to find a sort of lighting. I ended up standing in the exact spot I were before I ran. The voice boomed, causing me to cover my ears from the deafening tone.

"Maliiiiiah."

I tried to scream but nothing came out, not even a whisper. Suddenly, I felt the hairs on my neck stand. Something's behind me. I gulped, anticipating what's to come when I turn around. Whipping my head back, I found nothing.

"Maliah. Open up." Something whispered in my ear. I tensed up, hesitantly, glancing over my shoulder to once again find no one there. There was another mighty bellow in the distance. I shielded my ears, again, hovering my hand to block the noise but it was no use. The noise continued, that's until I opened my eyes.

With a gasp, I was awaken from the terrifying dream, scanning the room. Have you ever had one of those dreams that felt like they were real? I was shaking a bit so I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths, feeling slightly calmer. As I opened my eyes, a figure appeared infront of me, pouncing on the bed. Unconsciously, I swung in their direction, knocking them to the floor. I peaked off the bed, discovering a grimacing Louis, hand placed on his head.

"What the hell, Louis!"

"What the hell, Louis? More like, what the hell did you do that for?" He winced, hesitantly standing to his feet.

"I don't know...hm maybe because you jumped on me!"

"I was trying to surprise you! At least that's what that Liam, told me to do! So much for that!"

"Why would he tell you to do that?"

"Did you not hear me banging on the door, Maliah?" My mouth opened to respond but closed when I realized I didn't hear a thing and he probably stood at that door, knocking for hours. I hopped off the bed and wrapped my arms around the 'Sass master'. With one hand, he enveloped me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry for dropping you on your head." He stuck his tongue out then nodded. I'm beyond happy that these boys are cool because this situation could've escalated, had it been someone else.

"So you were knocking on my d..." My voice trailed when I remembered my dream. Great, I was in the stage when you're dreaming but everything in reality occurs in your dream.

"Were you calling my name, too?"

"Yeah. Even flicked off a few people in the hallway that shushed me." I raised an eyebrow at his reply, shaking my head , giggling. Well that explains my dream, now about this surprise.

"You said something about a surprise?" Louis gaped up at me, a hand still on his head, smirking.

"Have you ever been to Africa?"

My eyes widened at his question...why would he ask me this? I shook my head, feeling the anticipation kick in.

"Well, you better get ready because-" His response was cut short by my screaming. I started swatting at his arms in excitement, jumping up and down. This is wild! I'm going to the motherland. Louis moved out of my reach, an arm out just in case I go on a hitting fit again.

"Jesus, you've got a mean hit for a girl your size." I heard him mutter under his breath. I seized my celebration, walking over to Louis, apologizing once again.

The door flew open and the remaining boys came rushing in. Liam was heading towards me until he noticed Louis holding his head.

"The hell did you get yourself into, Tommo?"