The Lady and The Tramp

A dull beep sounded from somewhere near my head and I groaned, slapping around my pillows for what I knew was my phone. I had only gotten a couple of hours of sleep since the water fight fiasco in Liam's room and the brightness of the screen was a little much, causing me to squint my eyes. An unknown number sent me a text and I touched the bubble icon.

Come to my room. -Zayn

I didn't move to get up, the only movement I did was rolling over on my back. My brows scrunched together for moment before straightening out. I texted him, asking how he got my number, seeing as I never gave it to him because most of the time we've known each other, we didn't get along.

I got it from Liam.

I read the text at the top of my screen, finishing a row of emojis for his contact name. I settled on the cigarette, a microphone and a little purple devil. Satisfied with how well those three described him, I opened the message, responding with a question about how Liam got my number. The only person I've ever directly given my number to was Harry.

Harry gave it to him.

I nodded to myself, having known Harry would have had to have given it to him somehow. I texted him, saying that he basically got it from Harry. I finally sat up, watching the grey bubbles disappear as soon as they popped up, the same text he first sent me, nothing different about it. I giggled at how impatient he was being, and how he didn't even retype the message, just copied and pasted it.

Pushing my body off of my bed, I stood and walked to my door, sliding my feet into my sandals. I rubbed a hand across my face as I headed down the hall, to rid any traces of sleep.

I lightly rapped on his door, remembering that it was almost midnight. I stepped back from the entrance when I heard rustling, smiling up at the boy when he opened the door.

"Took you long enough." Zayn teased, pulling the door open wider and allowing me to enter. I rolled my eyes, but stopped in my tracks when I noticed the ambiance. The lamps were off and the only light sources were a few candles. For a moment I felt oddly underdressed in my sweatpants and long sleeve, but then I recalled that Zayn was wearing a plain white shirt and gym shorts.

I felt even more appropriate when I spotted spaghetti on paper plates and Gatorades sitting on his bed. I smiled, ignoring the small fluttering in my stomach as I turned to face him.

"What is this?" I asked, scanning his face for any sign of laughter, in slight fear of this being some crude prank. He smiled back, a small smile, but a trustworthy one, and shrugged.

"Sort of a way to say sorry for throwing that bottle at you earlier." He explained, sitting down on the floor at the foot of his bed, bringing a plate down for himself. I shook my head, opting to sit on the bed in front of my food. I wasn't even mad about that, much less in need of an apology. I decided not to question it, sticking the white fork into the mound of pasta.

"Okay." I settled, looking down at him as I twirled the utensil, careful not to poke any holes in the bottom of the plate.

"Were you asleep?" He gave me a once over, then ate a bit of the noodles. He didn't say it in a judging way, probably just wondering aloud. I nodded around the forkful in my mouth, using a hand to cover my mouth as I chewed.

He hummed in response, working on his second mouthful. Glancing around the room, I instantly thought about Liam. He was supposed to sleep in here with Zayn since we wet up his bed.

"Where's Liam?"

"He went into Niall's room."

"You kicked him out?"