The Hospital

"Welcome to Africa, Lads." Paul announced, pointing out the disk-shaped windows. I lazily opened my eyes, rubbing them before taking a glimpse at the beauty that is Ghana.

"It's gorgeous." I whispered in awe. The pictures of the landscape did no justice to the real thing. Though we're 20,000 feet in the air, (Guys, I have no idea how high planes go like I've never been on one!) you're able to spot out the details in the expansive fields.

"You can say that again." I heard Zayn utter. I turned around to find his gazing out the window opposite of our seats. His words made it seem he was concurring with what I stated but his eyes said another. He made eye contact with me and smiled then brought his attention back to the scenery.

The plane came to a stop, ending with a screech as it hit the pavement. Mentally, I did a victory dance. I've conquered my fear of traveling for such a long distance on a plane without fainting or freaking out. Well, technically I freaked out a bit but that doesn't count. Zayn was first to stand, toting his backpack on his shoulder then handing mine over. He headed for the entrance and I followed suit. I'm so anxious to explore this country and aid these families.

"Are you okay? Niall told me you seemed a bit frightened when we boarded." Harry spoke, clutching my wrist and pulling me closer to him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that plane's make me uneasy but I'm a-okay." I poked his dimple, making him giggle. Instantly, he coughed, trying to cover up his girly action.

"Let's get off this jet and do m-manly sh*t!" Harry said, lowering his pitch to sound manlier. I flashed him a funny look before continuing my walk towards the exit. I was relieved when there were no fans around, some people turned our way and stared but that's only because we came out of a private jet. Paul grouped us together and we stood in a circle.

"We're going to ride in the tourist caddy to the hotel. Once we get there, we'll ride to the hospitals." We nodded and waited for the big white van to arrive.

We climbed into the caddy, only come to find out there weren't enough room for everyone.

"I'm too long for this vehicle!" Harry complained.

"You're too long for most vehicles." Louis corrected, gaining a giggle from both me and Niall. Harry rolled his eyes and flicked Louis off from behind.

"Looks like we have to lap up." Zayn suggested, causing the boys to look at one another then me. Zayn snaked his hand around my waist, pulling my back to his chest, sitting me on his lap. The remaining boys sighed then picked who were top and who were bottom. Eventually, Niall plopped down on Liam, Louis on Harry.

I turned to face a smirking Zayn, playfully glaring at him.

"What? I sat in your lap so I figure I'd return the favor." He said, batting his eyelashes. I flicked his nose before resting my head on his shoulder. The van started and soon we were entering the inner city. I carefully scanned their attire, admiring the various colors they wore. Some of the children ran on either side of the caddy, waving, which we returned with a giggle.

"Oh, look it's an elephant!" Liam said with excitement, pointing to the large mammal. "That lad is riding it!" I smacked his finger when he continued pointing out the window. He mouthed 'ow', pouting his lips with a grumpy face. I swear these boys are seven.

"Look! It's a man riding a horse! Liam want to point that out too?" Louis asked sarcastically, patting his shoulder to get his attention. Liam ignored him, rolling his eyes in his seat, cursing under his breath. I giggled at the two. I read that they didn't get along well when they met but they soon grew to love each other. So all the razzing and teasing they do now makes sense.