The Key Card

"Where did you get this again?" Harry asked, flipping the key card over in his palm, pushing his straight brows together. Zayn smirked, playfully snatching the plastic out of his friend's large hand and waving it in the air.

"The front desk," Harry narrowed his eyes at the boy, slowly nodding with pursed lips. Zayn's eyebrows rose and he put his hands up defensively. "Seriously. I learned it from YouTube."

"Just because you see things on the internet doesn't exactly mean you should go and try them." Harry chastised, reminding me of my mother when I used to sneak a dip of cookie dough when she'd turn to get a scooper. She'd always tell me that just because my friends ate some and didn't get sick didn't mean I wouldn't.

Zayn rolled his eyes, smiling and mumbling something that may not have been in english under his breath as we approached Louis' door.

"Hurry up and open the door, would ya?" Niall piped, peeking around the silver dome. Liam nodded in agreement, moving his tray away from his face instead of tilting his head. Zayn quietly laughed, cautiously running the card through the slot.

Twisting the doorknob agonizingly slow, I could hear Niall bouncing in place with the tray that was probably heavy by now. Inch by inch the door was pushed open, increasingly revealing Louis' room.

"Oh, for Christ's sake." Niall muttered, shoving the door open with a pale hand and walking ahead of the four of us. We all watched with wide eyes and flailing arms as he stood impatiently next to Louis' bed, which held a Louis that was fast asleep. Niall sighed, setting his tray down on the wooden nightstand, tapping his sneaker clad foot against the carpet. We all let out a relieved sigh, thankful that he didn't wake him before we all got in the room.

Liam put his tray next to Niall's, warily checking to see if Louis was still asleep. Exchanging a look, we all nodded as if we were on some top secret spy mission. Which, admittedly, it kind of felt like.

The rest of us entered, slowly pushing the door closed, eyes darting to Louis when the door clicked. I tip toed to his bedside, looking back at the boys for reassurance. They nodded encouragingly, waving a hand to tell me to go ahead and wake him.

I got my phone out, opening up an air horn app I downloaded earlier, bringing the speaker end towards the sleeping boy's ear and tapping the screen. We all jumped back before laughing when he shot up, letting off a loud scream once he was conscious, groggily staring around his room.

"What the hell's wrong with you all?" We expected him to yell, but he spoke softly, tiredly rubbing at his eyes, probably because he already stretched his voice a few moments ago. Our laughter died down, Liam stepping forward, clearing his throat.

"We brought you brekkie, mate." Liam smiled, gesturing to the large trays. Louis narrowed his eyes at him, scoffing as he harshly turned over, bringing his blanket higher up on his shoulder.

"Piss off." He muttered, closing his eyes. I looked to the other boys, fearing we went too far. Louis didn't seem like he was in the joking mood so I almost wanted to suggest that we call the whole thing off.

"Louis," Harry called, walking around the bed so that he could see Louis' face. Louis opened his eyes, though they were hooded in probably annoyance rather than fatigue, one of his already arched brows quirked.

Harry gave a childlike smile, brandishing a cup of coffee in Louis' face, still holding extra plates and a bag of utensils. Louis didn't even bat an eyelash as he snatched the cup, turning over so he could sit upright. He gave all of us a quick once over, pressing his lips to cup and taking a sip of his drink.

He almost immediately spit it back into the cup, grimacing at the dark liquid, then up at Harry. We all laughed, Niall bent over and slapping his knee. Our little revenge for what he pulled in Belgium was going nicely, for everyone except Louis, of course.