The Hangout

It had been a few days between the arcade date I had with Zayn and now and since then, we'd relocated to London and the boys did two shows. Today was their day off, but I still had to work, albeit it was only inventory, which I was fairly good at finishing quickly, if I may say so myself.

I walked up to a rack of shirts, prodding through them to make sure I wrote down the correct number. Half of them were the same pristine and crisp white, so it was kind of hard to tell from a distance.

My phone buzzed, nearly crashing to the floor from the harsh vibrations, and I don't think I ever moved fast enough when I dove for it before it could slip off of the edge. A text from Harry was displayed on the screen, but was cut off with an ellipses, forcing me to unlock my phone to see the rest.

Heeeeeey, I miss you!

I smiled to myself, fondly rolling my eyes at the way he stretched his words just by adding more letters. I tapped out a response, telling him that I missed him more and instead of placing my phone back on the table, I tucked it in my back pocket, shooting the wooden tabletop a glare.

I managed to count up all of the coats before my cell went off with the promise of another text. Using my teeth as a third hand, I held my pencil between them and used my free hand to fish out my phone.

I miss you most. Ha, I win :)

As I giggled, a second message came in, also from Harry. I furrowed my brows, wishing he would have given me time to respond to the first one.

Let's hangout today, you and me, yeah?

I was quick to agree, not even bothering to ask what we'd do, but I made sure to tell him that I'd call him when I was finished with work. For the past week, it's been me and Zayn. We'd been practically inseparable, going out or just staying in together and I honestly missed my best friend. Harry and I used to be the ones that were glued at the hip, but now that we've taken some sort of breather, I was ready to fall back into the pattern of getting fruit at ungodly hours of the day.

I didn't bother putting my phone back, just stared patiently at the picture of the six of us that stood as my home screen wallpaper. It was the one from that day we went to the safari in a high jacked SUV. I smiled at the memory, nostalgically shaking my head. That was such a wild experience.

Ace. See you in a few.

Nodding, even though I knew he couldn't see, I slid my cell into its rightful place in my pocket and got back to counting. I almost forgot that my pencil was trapping by my teeth, my hands automatically patting my pockets in search of it, but once I brought my tongue out just a little farther, it was met with a Ticonderoga.

Pulling it out of my mouth, I resumed my duty, moving on to a rack of accessories, filled with belts and ties and such. This was probably the easiest, considering one person doesn't really need more than a couple of these things.

A knock on the door made me whip my head away from the belts, I sighed, setting my clipboard on one of the tables before going to answer it. I almost instantly knew that it wasn't Carol, since she's allowed to come in whenever she wants and constantly does so. I didn't have a problem with it, since it made it easy to tell who it was and who it wasn't.

"Hello, love," I smiled up to a happy Zayn, who stepped away from the wall he was propped up on, stopping in front of me. He bent down to press a chaste kiss to my lips to accent his greeting and I was a little thrown off by the sweetness behind it. "Are you busy?" He asked, looking hopeful enough for me to let him in, even though I was busy.

"Not really." I shrugged, opening the door wider, inviting him in. I was pretty sure I could multitask, especially since he probably wouldn't be here for very long. He closed the door behind him, then went to lean on a table a couple away from the one I claimed.