The Interview

The last two days the only thing I could think about was the interview we had today. Management only accepted because we had to squash rumors, and while I was happy to do so, I had never been on the radio before. I'm just glad that we're doing this after Zayn and I sorted things out and got over the bump in our friendship. It would have be a painfully awkward and probably horrible thing to have gone through.

I sat back in my seat, barely listening to the boys' conversation as I tried to kick my nerves. We all rode in the same SUV which helped to soothe me, their presence and calming words doing the trick.

"Alright, guys, we have to get gas, no one panic," Our driver joked, pulling into a gas station. I caught Louis throwing Zayn a knowing look as we came to a gentle stop next to a pump. "Stay in here, Paul and Pres are going to stand outside." He pointed at the six of us with a hard stare.

"We'll stay right here." Louis spoke in a honeyed voice, propping his elbow against his window so he could lean his head on his palm. The driver and two guards carefully exited the van immediately walking around to the sides to keep watch, for, I don't know, crazed teens.

"Okay, guys, operation get snacks is now a go." Louis whispered, sliding to the edge of his seat to look at us all. I furrowed my brows while the other boys shook their heads or grinned to the small boy.

"What--"

"Let's go." Louis cut me off, standing and quickly ducking down as much as he could, while keeping an eye on the guard to our left. The rest of the boys followed suit and I flailed my arms, before hesitantly doing what they were doing. I'm not sure if they do this often, but eh could let me in on things like this.

We tiptoed out of the SUV, dashing one by one to the far side of the building and pressing ourselves flat against the wall. I giggled, feeling an adrenaline rush, but still confused as to why we were doing it.

I nudged at Zayn's side, glancing around the corner to see if any of the guards were headed this way. They didn't even seem to notice we were gone, which though that's not a settling idea, I was also kind of proud of our sneaking skills.

"What are we doing?"

"We're going in to get snacks." He said, as if it were obvious, which I guess it was but why were we doing it?

"Couldn't we have asked the driver to get it, or something?"

"S'more fun this way. Shh." He placed a finger to his lips before extending that same finger in the direction of the entry. The driver pushed open the door, putting his wallet back into his jacket pocket.

"Okay, go." Louis urged, counter productively, walking ahead of us. We had to bend down to make sure they didn't see us, crouching as well as we could manage at a fast pace. Harry pulled the door open for us all, the light ding of the bell bringing a hiss from all of us and we all looked back in unison.

We all filed into the store, ducking into an aisle to keep from being spotted. The man at the counter didn't question us, but I'm sure he's giving us a weird look.

"Mission complete!" Louis nearly yelled, holding a palm out for us all to slap. We all laughed, separating just enough so that we can browse the sweets. I was sure we had to hurry or else they'd discover we were gone.

I grabbed a pack of gummy worms, seeing as it was the only thing I really wanted right now. I probably won't even finish the bag by myself, the excitement settling in my stomach. Satisfied with my choice, I walked to the counter, smiling to the man with extra innocence, just to rid all suspicions.

"That's all you're getting?" Niall piped from behind me, placing his pack of skittles and a muffin next to my candy. I nodded, and he shrugged, looking back as the rest of the boys came up, having found what they wanted.