The Dress

"Why does everyone assume I never wash my hair?" Harry asked, scrolling through his twitter feed, eyebrows knotted.

"Maybe because you wear it in a weird way." Liam shrugged, taking a glance at the both of us then back to his phone. This is what we've been doing since we made it to the hotel, reading a bunch of tweets aloud and commenting on each other's. So far, Harry's had the funniest and worse.

"Check this out, guys. A source took a few pictures of us on the way out of the plane." He turned the screen in our direction and we had to squint due to the bad quality of the pictures. My eyes widened when I was able to identify the photo taken of me. They snapped the photo as soon as I stepped foot out the jet. I just had woken up from my nap on Harry so my hair was in a messy ponytail and I wore sweats with boots.

"That is scary." I said, slowly shaking my head.

"Yeah, our fans are something else."

"What? No. I'm talking about me." Guys don't understand; women have this thing about getting their picture taken when they're not fully prepared. Though we're not supposed to care what others think...it's impossible when you're almost always in the spotlight. Liam browsed through the other 'update accounts' and I was surprised when there were many other photos of me.

"Okay, maybe that is scarier." I corrected, gaining a laugh from both Harry and Liam. I grabbed Liam's phone and placed it face down on his lap. I think I've had enough internet for today.

Suddenly, the doors opened and Caroline peaked in from the other side of the door. She asked if she was disrupting anything and we shook our heads, motioning her to come in. She sat beside me, hands behind her back, wearing a suspicious grin. She's up to something.

"Carol...what's going on?" I asked, squinting my eyes. She let off a small laugh before presenting her hands in front of me, two tickets between her thumb and index finger.

"There's a fashion show tonight and I need a plus one." she said, her smile growing wider as she explained.

"Why didn't you just say that when you came through the door? I would love to go!" She handed over the ticket and I squealed in excitement. All my life I've wanted to attend a high-end fashion show with all the models and flashing lights but it was just a dream...that's until tonight!

I scrambled to my suitcase, pulling out possible outfits when I noticed Harry and Liam were still in the room.

"Guys, I need your help." They took a look at me then the suitcase, shaking their heads.

"I know how women are when they need to get ready for something. Hours of 'omg this looks horrible' and frustrated groans." Harry spoke and Liam nodded in agreement. I couldn't respond immediately because I was taken back by the truth in what Harry just stated. Guess that's what he had to go through with both his mom and sister. However, I know they can make an exception for me, I've never been to one of these.

"But I need an opinion from my best friend." I said, targeting Harry first, strolling over to him with the 'puppy dog' face. He let out a sigh and tried his best to look away but I knew he'd give in, which he did.

"And...I can't just have one viewpoint..." Now, it's Liam's turn. He let off a chuckle, rolling his eyes and falling victim to the face, as well. I jumped in glee and skipped over to my luggage, pulling out my first selection.

Let's just say we went through thirty outfits and none of them seem right. Harry would agree to one but I'll disagree, same for Liam. This outfit had to be perfect but everything I had was average, definitely not 'fashion show' material. Just when I was about to give up and hand my tickets over, a knock was placed on door. Two boxes and a note were laid on the floor as I stood with the door open.