Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I could feel something, a tingling sensation at the back of my throat. My mouth tastes acidic, images flashed in my mind as I remembered that I had shot myself. It wasn't something that just happened in the spur of the moment, it wasn't a mistake, it was what felt right and with a little bit of alcohol in my system it was the most bravest thing I could do. Take my own life, never in my sober state did I have enough courage to do so. 

Desperately I wanted to see light, I wanted to confront my guardian angels. God said he had assigned every human to a guardian angel that would protect them if they kept their faith in god. I wanted to ask my guardian angel for what reason couldn't he keep me away for evil; protect me like god had promised.

Then I breathed heavily, I wasn't dead. I could hear monitors beeping besides me. Opening my eyes I saw light blur my vision as a blue figure appeared. Blinking repeatedly in disappointment I saw a doctor staring at me, his lips moving. I heard nothing but the high pitch scream of my voice in my ear.  

I was held in the ICU room, needles being injected to me from the nurse. Others rushing as my heart beat faster. My body convulsed, struggling to keep in line. I breathed into the oxygen mask as everyone around me seemed distant. Something was happening and it didn't look good. I wanted to sleep, I felt weak and tired. 

Give up. 

Closing my eyes slowly, I saw him rush towards me. I liked him, he was a good person to warn me. He brought me here, I just wished he had listened and put an end to my misery. It would make everyone's life much better especially my parents.

"Li...." is all I heard from those luscious lips. I closed my eyes, ready to go back to the darkness until I was shook viscously by two hands. "Liana Jones!" He screamed in my ear.

"Wake up! You know I have a meeting to attend to and if you plan on dying you will make things a whole more complicated than they already are!" He was shouting, very angrily.

"You can die another day but not today, love!" He said. "Not today!" 

I was confused as reality settled in, I thought this was a dream. I had shot myself in the head, it should have been a painless death.

"THANK FUCKING GOD, THERE WERE NO BULLETS IN THAT GUN!" He shouted in my ear. I may as well turn deaf.

No bullets?

Yeh, now the guardian angel comes. Stupido!

I cough abruptly, "Your parents are being informed," I hear the doctor babble but I don't listen. I just stare at the mysterious man. He looks at his watch impatiently.

The doctors moves onto his clipboard and he walks up to me. He moves his hand in a signal and everyone moves out of the room.

"Life is a game, you cannot cheat and finish before the game has even begun," He whispers hoarsely in my ear. "Now you owe me twice," He smirks smugly. I breath against the oxygen mask, steaming it up.

He leans and plants a small kiss on my forehead. The affection confuses me and melts my heart at the same time.

"Get well soon," He breaths before he walks off, not looking back once. 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x 👈🏻 (don't they look like little faces 😊)