Chapter 14

Harry Styles song Medicine which I don't think is out yet is so LIT, I'm so up for that baby! GIVE ME...

and Taylor Swifts dance moves in Delicate....they're like tasting warm melted marshmallows in your mouth. They're that good. 

Idk what's wrong with me? Also I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean Again this morning. 

Chapter 14

My hands were shaking, I wasn't expecting this. Knowing my fate full and well, maybe he was calling to collect my owe to him. 

'You owe me twice'  He had said. 

I was silent, with no words being exchanged my finger hovered on the button to cut the call. 

"Don't hang up," A deep lush voice of a macho man ordered, surrendering my soul under his command as if he could hear my vile thoughts, I move my finger away from the red button. 

"Why'd you call?" I couldn't let him see my vulnerable side again, what if like Zackary he too took advantage of me? Finally the world was giving me something right, I wasn't going to be a fool to give it up. 

I was going to build my own forte, build my own home, fulfil my own dreams. I was going to stand up on my own two feet before I'd take somebody's hand to lift me up. 

"I came," He lied. I waited the whole night, freezing in the cold being bitten by flies. He didn't come. 

"No you didn't," I said, then I realised I wasn't his responsibility nor his promise. I had been the person to beg him to come. He wasn't obliged to do anything, he had already done so much for me. 

Could I pay him back? 

"Alexis..." I wasn't sure if by calling him by his first name was suitable but I went ahead, he did look after me, surely he would consider me as a friend.

"I'm sorry for running away -look- I was suffocated in there. Plus the death of my parents really had me washed out. I can pay you back I promise, I'm ready to be a maid for you if you want. I'm not blind, I know who you are, rich and powerful blah blah blah. Just give me a few months, I'll pay you pack I promise," 

I could hear heavy breathing on the other side, "I don't want your money," His voice sounded hard and restrained, "And you don't need to be my maid," 

I readjusted my phone as I leaned on the bookshelf, being as quiet as possible.

"Well what do you want?" I hissed, yearning to end the call already. I was getting a few glares by the librarian staff places books in shelves. I smiled apologetically before moving behind another shelf. 

"I want to know where you were last night? Where are you know?" 

"I was where I told you I was last night where I stupidly cried to you," I mumbled mostly to myself, "And I'm at a library, looking for a woman's hostel," 

It was true, I had came here to look for a Woman's hostel but the end result was far better than I had ever expected. 

"A hostel?" He hissed, as if the word itself was dirty, "Did you get an email?"

"A email?" 

"Yes, by my workers," He said "I'm hiring you, I've seen your CV it's not bad, my employees could teach you a few things," 

"No thank you!" I declined his fine offer, "I just received a job offer from Lex Tech, and they're also giving me a place to live,"

He chuckled from the other end off the phone.

"So you did get my email," He confirmed confusing me, "Li do you know who owns Lex Tech?"

Thinking about it, I didn't. I learned the CEO was very private and didn't like to be public. I had also heard he was a man with many affairs. 

"Nope," and it didn't matter to me because I had gotten a job anyway, what were the chances the boss was going to meet me when he had thousands of more important employees before me.  

"Do you know?" I ask in return, I knew Alexis was a man with money in his pockets. Maybe he knew. 

"You're speaking to him now," 

And what came next from my mouth was nothing but stuttering words. 

"WHAT?" 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Quick note: Lex Tech is named after Alexis as he has 'lex' in his name. 

I mean I got no words...just watch it if you haven't already.