Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Several cars passed by and each time I stared in hope, my mood lifting slightly only to be gravely disappointed as they didn't come to a halt. In all that time the tears didn't stop, my breathing was uneven, my heart was pumping way too fast for anyone's liking.

I almost gave up on waiting, staring at the moon watching as the fog around the sky moved. Truly this journey felt like a walk on the thousands steps into a sacred temple where I could never reach the destination to find that contentment.

I consumed my thoughts with images of Alexis. Every corner, every inch, every cell in his body dominated perfection. He was different from the men I had encountered, he seemed reserved. An introvert maybe. I couldn't deny my attraction towards him, nobody in my life cared for me like he had. He warned me, saved me, twice. Not even my parents would have done that.

I was tired standing by the phone box waiting like a child who had lost her parents. I didn't have much energy in me. I sat on the ground, the pricking of stones underneath me become intolerable after some time. I walked to find a bench close by. Nobody would bother me, I put on my hood that covered my face. Lying on the bench, I would have to get used to this from now on. The streets were my home now.

I'm sure no man would want to burden me on his shoulders, so why would Alexis. I waited as hardly any cars drove by, none stopped. I blended within the shadows, growing tired from the world around me. The night animals sang as I listened intently, closing my eyes to the melody.

My forehead tensed, there was light everywhere. I squinted my eyes open, looking around me. I  was still on the bench, the warm feeling of the sun replaced the cold breeze from yesterday night.

Alexis never came. It was a wise choice but the hope in my heart was replaced by sorrow. He didn't come. Why would he?

I sat up, arching my back to hear the crack of my stiff bones. My body was worn out and I was hungry. I looked to see the early risers, a lady jogging with music in her ear. A happy couple walking their dog and the old man mowing his lawn. What a delightful neighbourhood!

A gloomy cloud passed over my head. I couldn't go back home, we lived in a rented apartment. There was no way Arnold was going to let me live there after he knew I was jobless with no money. My Uncle would take all the money my parents owned, my Father owed him for allowing him to go to college and University with the aid of paying his bills for studying. I couldn't burden my Uncle even more to give me a shelter with a dozen of his kids he had to look after.

I had to work for myself, I had to make my own living.

Go back to Zackary, he's rich, he'll help you.

"Zackary," I mutter under my breath, "Zack," I breath into the air.

Yes, Zacky will help me. I'll be good to him, even if it means getting isolated from the world. I'll please him, he loves me. He'd keep me, that was what he wanted right?

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Let's get physical!!