Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I was sat around a large table stretched across the entire hall made for 30 with my hands intertwined in my crossed legs. I was nervous as I gave a wobbly reassuring smile to Alexis's family who gifted me their attention with curiosity. 

Alexis pulled his chair closer to mine his legs briefly touching mines letting me know he was there. I looked at him watching his the side profile as he wore a warm smile while talking to his Mother. 

The chair on my other side was empty and I wished nobody placed themselves next to me. Alexis introduced me when we came in earlier later when more people joined. Some came to greet while others barely noticed. I didn't mind really, every time I meet someone new I forgot how to speak. 

Alexis hot breath fanned my ear as he whispered, "I hope you like mexican food, it is our chefs royalty, at his finest," 

I nodded, my cheeks heating from his throaty voice and masculine scent. He smelt so good. A presence sat next to me, it was Alexis's Father. I gulped as he gave me a quick glance. Alexis growled lowly, knowing this was making me more than uncomfortable.   

"Swap seats?" He asked, I gulped shaking my head no. I didn't want to disrespect his father, he already had a bad impression of me. 

After dinner I was told to freshen up and meet Alexis in his room. I lifted my first in the air to knock, hesitating. What if he asked me to come in? I wanted to go in, a person's room says alot about them. 

Maybe it would help me judge Alexis's character better. But them what if he's no different to Zackary, what if once I step in Alexis loses his chivalry. 

"Come on!" I muttered to myself, self encouraging my brain that it was safe. I could trust him.

Knock! Knock! Knock! 

I watched as the door handle twisted. My eyes widened at the view in front of me. 

Six packs. 

V-line. 

Towel. 

Wet. 

Hot. 

Half-naked. 

Alexis. 

My brain registered these word slowly as my eyes absorbed the perfect man infront of me. Strong muscles, darked ink tattoo's I never knew he had, broad shoulders and a mouth watering V-line which the towel barely covered. I quickly averted my eyes to the ground in shame of checking him out. My eyes briefly ran over his toned legs. 

'They were right. You are a slut.' I heard my Father's voice in my mind. 

He chuckled deeply. 

I looked up to meet his illuminating eyes, his hair was wet hanging boyishly over his forehead. 

"Come in, I'll go get changed!" 

I shielded my eyes, seeing his cheeky smile between my fingers. I smiled too.  

He turned around as I bumped into his chest squealing as I touch his bare skin. His eyes darkened as he stared down at me. 

I swallowed as my mouth dried, my hand laid on his chest and my face so close I could smell his soap and feel his hot breath. Honestly I was scared, what if my fear of Alexis came true but I saw something in him. Sincerity. 

He had my trust, I knew it. He saved me many times before. I like him. 

He looked down at my lips. What would it be like to kiss him? Was he thinking the same? 

The room was dark, with a dim lamp which made everything more intense. We breathed heavily, waiting. 

"Li?" He breathed. I closed my eyes, as I heard my name roll of his tongue. It sounded so good. 

I couldn't do it! I just couldn't kiss him! If I did, I'd want more. 

"The floor is getting wet." I say, steeping back to see a small puddle of water on the floor. 

"Wet indeed." He smirks, and I can't help but feel like that was a dirty pun intended to me. 

Alexis gave me a smile making my legs melt. He brushes a strand of hair in my face behind my ear, "We'll finish this later!" He whispers close to my lips. 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Whether you've seen this anime or not, the song is so good regardless. I love this anime, it's so unique. Check it out, if you looking for some recommendations. It's called The Ancient Magus Bride. Have you seen it?