Final Chapter

He's just around the corner waiting for you to come...

Chapter 28

I lay in the guest bedroom, sleep unable to conquer me. My mind occupied by thoughts, both positive and negative. I was still grieving my parent's death, the tears stained on my pillow proved it.

He was killed, by my Father.

Mr Montague didn't look like a killer and it scared me to the core to think that maybe I was living under a roof of one. Alexis's Father never liked me in the first place and to think he could kill me in my sleep increased my level of fear.

He was killed, by my Father.

Then again maybe in some sick, twisted way I wasn't any different to him.

I was their killer.

Maybe all the things the people screamed my way were true. I was a sinner, maybe this was god's way of saying that the people were right, and I was wrong. I was the reason behind my parent's death.

Eventually sleep overtook me, but I wasn't looking forward to the next day. Tomorrow I would be seeing Mr Montague at the breakfast table.

* * *

"Try some sweet bread, it's freshly baked." Alexis passed me the tray, all morning he had been willing me to eat. I had bags under my eyes sore from tiredness, and lack of sleep. I sat across from Mr Montague, and all the hunger in me had vanished. My appetite was long gone.

"Come on try it!" He ushered, placing a piece into my mouth. His eyes clearly determined to feed me. I could feel eyes on us, as I chewed slowly, sliding my gaze to Alexis. My heart softened as I saw how he held the half-chewed bread waiting till I swallowed it, to feed me some more.

Alexis had been taken so much care of me, that slowly I was falling in love.

After breakfast, everyone excused themselves. Alexis ignored all the stares he got from his family and continued feeding me.

Alexis's Mother came up to me, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. Suddenly I became nervous as I stared up at her.

"Dear, can I talk to you for a minute?" She requested with her gentle voice. I looked at Alexis for his permission, he looked at me with a smile and nodded. She seemed like a nice woman. I got up, Alexis following my actions.

"Alone, dear!" She said sternly, looking at her son with a glare. Sulking, he sat back down seeming to take a hint.

She rushed me into a corner, where is was quiet and empty. I waited for her to speak. Suddenly, the whole aura around her shifted to a dangerous one. I felt cold prickle my skin as she spoke, "I see my son has taken quite an interest in you, which is quite unusual in itself!" She scrutinizes me with a look of distaste.

"He never really has time to invest in feelings, he's like his grandfather in that sense." She continues as haze clouds over her eyes, probably thinking about her childhood. "But with you, it's an exception."

She studies her nails, nonchalantly. "I have a job for you, if you're up for it." I don't say anything, just gulp.

"I'll give you a hefty amount, all you have to do is copy Alexis's files into this small hard drive," She flashed me a small device. "And bring it back to me. To get to his files you need to earn his trust, be able to break down his walls."

She flashes me a cunning smile, "What do you say?"

"No." My voice shakes, "I will not break his trust."

She glowers at me, hissing like a venomous enemy. To think she seemed like a gentle lady a few minutes ago was a mistake. I should never have agreed to meet her on my own.

"I thought so, at first!" She scoffs. "I didn't want to have to do this," She tuts.

She shows me a picture of a man. "Do it, or he dies."

It's a picture of my brother. "It won't be a problem, really." She says an malevolent glint in her eyes.

My hands tremble, shaking out of horror. My brother...

"Hmmm, seems like you don't care. I'll just ask my men to kill him, he would have done so well in London."

I don't doubt for a second that she has the ability to kill my brother and get away with it. All this time I was worried about Mr Montigue whereas the real villain was standing right here in front of me.  

"NO!" I shout stopping her from walking away. "I'll do it, just please don't do anything to him." My voice sounds out of breath, weak and pitiful.

She walks up to me, with pride in her steps. "Make sure my son knows nothing of this or I will kill you and your precious brother. You didn't think you'd be welcome in the Montigue household with open arms did you? My son deserves someone millions better than a homeless scumbag," She spits in my direction, her faces scrunched with disgust. Her elegance and rich nature overpower the 'homeless' person that I am. 

"I know," I whisper.

She laughs, "And here I thought you were trying to trap my son in the web of your beauty. You're more clever than I thought, keep it up and you may be able clean the dirt of my shoes,"

She howls with laughter, as the echoes of her words bounce of the walls provocatively. She looks at me once again, mock sympathy on her face. "Poor Liana, how you're going to wish you were still with Zackary, once my son finds out your betrayal!"

Her expression darkens. 

"However so, not to fear Alexis's Mother is here. I'll make sure nothing happens to you or your brother once you complete this job. That is a promise on the Montigue's honour."

She walks away leaving the drive in my hand. It sits there beeping, I wonder what could Alexis have that she couldn't go ask him herself, and is worth the 'hefty' amount of money she is offering me.

"Li!" I hear Alexis call out. "What's taking so long?"

I put the device in my pocket. Seems like Alexis's family is just as messed up as mines.

"Coming!" 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Bet you didn't see that coming! Make sure to check out Addictions of the addicted, it's a very polished version to what it was before. Has a awesome storyline, that will literally blow your minds!! Or I hope it will...  🥺👉🏻👈🏻

By the was this is a prequel. Hence why it's called Origins of Addictions. Kindly leave a comment and vote and tell me what do you thinks going to happen next? 

If you've reached thus far thank you for sticking by this book. I wanted to make it short and snappy, and not drag it on too long because readers sometimes lose interest. Let me know if you want longer chapters. If you notice any mistakes throughout this book, please point them out kindly - this is NOT an excuse - but I am dyslexic and it's hard for me, alright. 

Thank you. 

JIMINYAA- WHY? Why do you do this to me!? How can this man be so beautiful - it f*cking hurts!