Chapter 16

This chapter is very emotional to me for some reason. I feel emotional today. You might see it, you might not. 

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

It was like black and white with no shades of grey. There was a clear difference between wrong and right here. 

It'd be wrong to accept his offer, it wasn't fair. Something inside me indulged me to do wrong because it felt right. I deserved something like this, I wanted to be selfish. Taking up this opportunity would change my whole world. 

Maybe I could start a family, give my children a life I never had. My legs took me to the children's section without my knowledge I was staring in silence at toddlers interacting with their mother as they read stories to them. I wanted that spark in my eyes and that glow on my face. My fingers traced book of J.K. Rowling and the difficulty she had in her life. There were many judging eyes out there, but the most important ones were the ones staring back at you in the mirror; your own. 

Something about the famous Harry Potter author's history made me pick up the pebble and throw it in the pond to watch it jump on water. I was going to accept that job offer because I wanted to be something more than the rat on the street. 

This was a opportunity I was given, and if I didn't take it I would regret it. I wasn't going to give up on life, not yet anyway. 

So I walked out of the library and walked towards the tall skyscraper. It took 2 hours reaching it, with 2 bus exchanges and 1 hour of on foot action and I was outside LexTech.  

"Hi, Mr Montigue called for me," I walked to the receptionist who welcomed me with a sideways glance, her gaze running over my outfit.

"Name?" She asked, typing on the computer. 

"Liana Jones," 

"Ahh," She smiled warmly in recognition, "Miss Jones, yes! Boss called saying he was expecting you, you're quite late in arriving huh?" She glanced at her watch. 

"Well I wasn't given an exact time," I smiled tightly. I was cold and shivering. My stomach was currently empty growling for some nourishment. My sore legs were about to give out. 

"Take a seat in the waiting room, Mr Montigue has gone out for a while," She pointed to a door that had a huge Waiting room sign nailed to the door. "He'll be back in a short while," 

I nodded, "Thank you," Walking into the empty room where the TV was playing a news channel, I sat close the radiator allowing my circulation to run again.

I watched the clock tick by, my eyes felt heavy until I was in complete darkness.

I felt a shift in position, but I was mentally exhausted to resurface from unconsciousness. I felt arms wrap around me as my head fell onto a warm chest. I moaned as heat enveloped me, I snuggled closer.

I liked this teddy bear. It was comfy.  I smiled. 

"I got you Li, I'll protect you," 

And I slept in peace. 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

It's has a lot of their old elements in but I like it. I saw this tiktok saying Lisa just telling us that we look ugly as f*ck when she sings 'look at you, now look at me' and I CHOKED...

BTW, I don't know the drama between fandoms but I support all artists that DESERVE my support. So it's ridiculous the amount of hate and fights there are between fandoms. I'm sure your idols would be much happier without the hate, so please lets try harder and spread love. Okay?