Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I woke up, and it seemed to be from a long goodnight sleep. I reached out for my alarm. Mum's probably making breakfast, I can smell it. My stomach growls, I haven't eaten much in a long time. I smile, I can hear shuffling and a male's mumbling voice. 

It must be my brother, he's always up in the morning talking about yesterday's baseball match. "Keep the noise down Bro, I'm tryna sleep," I shout, snuggling into the comfy pillow. This bed feels like heaven so warm and cosy. 

I sigh blissfully, before shutting my mind off. Not fully gone to the land of dreams I feel hot breath on my cheek, I frown. "They're not here Li," A sad voice says, at first it feels like my conscious taunting me but I peel my eyes open to see Alexis bowed down to my level, sympathy in his eyes. 

Confused, I look around finally recalling I had dozed off next to the radiator. I get up, my clothes changed to Ladies pyjamas. "I hope you don't mind, my lady servant changed you," He says once he notices my shock. 

I gaped, "WHAT?" 

"She's probably the age of your mother," he reassured. My heart pang'd in pain at the mention of Mother, my sweet mother. 

"Oh right, sorry!" He mumbled realising his mistake. He got up. 

"I'm sorry that was very unprofessional of me to fall asleep in your building," I told him apologetically, as his eyes scanned me quickly. I notice, I was placed on a couch in the office. 

"Where did you sleep last night?" He asks all of a sudden, his voice hard. 

I stammered, racking my brain for an answer. I can't tell him I fell asleep on the street waiting for him. When I give no answer, he looked at me with pity, "Li, why did you not go back to your parent's house?" 

I was silent for a moment, choosing my words carefully. Why didn't I go back? 

"How could I when I killed them," I said, my voice void of any emotion. I hated myself. A flashback of memories played in my mind, they were kind parents.

God, they didn't deserve a daughter who was so spoilt in beauty she lacked the brains to get out of problems. They didn't deserve to been known as parents of a daughter who dated Zackary Anderson, a drug dealer, a crazed sex addict. I was so blind by so called love that I didn't see the warnings in front of me. Now that banner had been lifted, I was regretting every moment of my decision. 

'Just go out with him, he's so hot and charming. He's loyal you know? Chivalry ain't dead in his books. You'd be happy...content' - His friends would say, his 'female' friends.   

They were so wrong. 

Alexis looked taken aback, "Okay," He says, "Let's make a deal, I've seen your records but you lack training. My staff will give that training, your going to work in the hacking and coding unit of our company. You can live in our company quarters and if you do overtime I'll raise your salary by 24%. Deal?" 

That was more than a good enough deal for me, I got up and shook his hand furiously. A smile beamed on my face, I was so grateful. "Of course deal!"  

He looked pleased, "Usually with the job you signed up for you only work for a year, which gives you enough experience to work in other companies with better salary payment for young people with required qualifications. In rare cases if we find a extraordinary individual we let them stay in our company - i'm not bragging or anything- we're one of the best companies in the world. If you work to your full potential I think you can be that extraordinary person,"  

The news makes me even happier as my smiles broadens, "And if you can get in my good books, I can be pretty biased you know?" There was a slight naughtiness to it. I nodded. Definitely getting into his good books.  

I rushed to hug him, I squeezed him tightly. "Your the first person in the world to care about me, I love you," I whispered excitingly. I move back, shocked at my own actions. He's too stunned to response, and I have the urge to laugh at his facial expression but I have to get in his good books. I can't disrespect him, I remind myself. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that," I smile guilty, messing with my fingers. 

He shakes his head amusingly, "Freshen up, I've got us sandwiches!" My stomach rumbles in appreciation. "There's new clothes in the bathroom," He points. I obey walking off a happy skip to my step. I'm so excited. This was the fresh start, I had been searching for. 

I stop, "Alexis," I call before I go in, he stops upon hearing my voice, "I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have no idea what this means to me. I'm glad God made people like you on this planet," And with that I shyly jump into the bathroom. 

I lock the door, squealing in excitement spinning on my toes. I place my hand on my chest my heart beating furiously. I look in the mirror, my cheeks blossom as I recall the features of the man I'm slowly falling for. Oh Alexis...

I can't help develop a little crush on him. I giggle, I feel like a schoolgirl again. 

This feeling is great, I don't ever want it to go because in a long time I feel...

Happy. 

x_x Vote and Comment x_x

Can we go back to this era, please? I miss it so much. I will make sure I play this everyday when I drive my kids to school and I'll make sure they do the same to theirs.