Chapter 26

So did you check out Noragami? 

Chapter 26

I couldn't believe my eyes. One blink. Two blinks. Three blinks after and I still couldn't believe it.

I'd thought maybe the dark cold corridors belonged to a dark cold C.E.O Christopher but after seeing what was in front of me, I concluded Christopher was anything but dark and cold.

"A indoor circus?" I questioned, still stunned my mouth agape.

"Careful sweetheart, you'll swallow a fly if you keep your mouth open," Alexis warns with a laugh.

I shut my mouth, my jaw hurting from the sudden clench in muscle. It was colourful, this place looked something torn out of a funky comic book. It looked surreal. I couldn't believe I was here. The air tasted like cotton candy on my tongue.

Christopher sauntered ahead of us, spinning to face us with his arms wide open. "Welcome to the freaky circus!" His voice sung booming loudly in the massive hall as his voice bounced back to us. He had a strong French accent. 

This looked as big as Wembley stadium. Massive. Plus, it was all indoors.

"Wow," I said taking in my surroundings.

"Wow, indeed!" Christopher admitted proudly. "I am the owner and ringmaster of this magnificent circus,"

And I thought this was a pub! I wanted to slap myself.

"Hold onto to your pants, Li," Alexis lips brushed past my ear teasingly. I shuddered as a wave of electricity coursed through me. I was getting excited with anticipation. He gave Christopher a signal to start.

"Now child, brace yourself!" Chris's deep tone made me gulp. "ARE YOU READY?"

Alexis rolled his eyes at the over exaggeration. I nodded. I bought the whole act with my naïve persona. Slowly. I was ready!

He held up a finger, "Before we start," He turned to Alexis, "Alexy! May I ask? Can she join us? I have an absolutely wonderful feeling about her, she'd fit right into our circle of family." He pointed at me. I smiled in admiration. I liked Christopher.

Alexis shook his head rejecting the idea. A pointed look on his face that clearly read 'don't even think 'bout it'.

Christopher shrugged muttering, "We'll see,"

"Now familia!" He shouted cupping his hands around his mouth to project his voice. "Introduction!" He clapped twirce. 

A top hat launched right across the hall, hitting Christopher straight on the head. I stifled a laugh at a bewildered frozen Christopher. He did not expect that.

"Will you stop screeching for two seconds?" A Australian women's voice travelled through the air. Posh and elegant.

"Hey!" Christopher rubs his forehead. "Watch it!"