Chapter 7

Chapter 7

There was a era of silence as I felt my heart void into emptiness. After all they were still my parents. Now I didn't mind facing them, I would deal with the consequences. My heart wasn't a black hole, I couldn't get rid of the gloominess that descended upon me. I could only take so much. 

God, please bring them back, my soul pleaded, Forgive me, please!

I'd deal with not going to University - hell - if it meant to be locked away in a room forever, for my parents to come back I would accept without a shed of a doubt.

Fear replaced my sadness, what would happen now.

I looked at the nurse my wide eyes pleading for an answer, she shook her head, "Their bodies turned into ashes," A pain struck my chord once again. No chance of survival. My mind could see and hear their screams as the flame ate aways at their flesh.

"D-d-did t-they know ab-o-ut my i-incident?" I croaked out between sobs, she shook her head.

"We were not able to reach them, the police tried searching for you and found that you were in hospital. They contacted us a few minutes ago, Doctor Albert will see you soon," She said, relieved with my reaction.

I could literally hear her thinking, 'Thank god, she didn't die on me.' 

I was dealing with the information well, in her eyes. Little did she know I was in denial all along. Maybe there was a mistake. Yes, there must be.

"I need to grab a few medications, is it alright if I leave you for 2 minutes?" She hesitantly asked, looking at me with doubt.

"Yes," I nodded, with once glance she left leaving me alone. Drowning in my own darkness I pulled out the IV line and other things that had been attached to me for the monitors.

"I have two minutes," I choke, telling myself my time limit. Getting off my bed in the hospital robe, my legs wobble as I walk over to the nurse's clipboard.

I must find the man responsible for my treatment.

I look. Scanning the details, glancing warily at the doors.

"Where is it?" I mutter to myself, "There must be something,"

I scanned a few rows, the bill for the medication had been paid. It was under the name of Alexis Montigue. Yes he was the man, I recalled. I looked to find other details, "AHA!" I screamed as saw his phone number. Grabbing a pen, I quickly scribble it on my hand. Bingo!

I quickly put it down, my stomach growled. Even though I craved some food, I had no appetite to eat right now. The urge to vomit from before was overwhelming and the disbelief from my parents death didn't help.

The burden of guilt was heavy on my shoulders.

More things seem to situate themselves on my plate, funny enough all of them were poisonous. I walked towards the door opening it, looking in the empty corridor as I found the opportunity to escape. It was now or never. I quickly grabbed my bag that contained my clothes and belongings and I ran like there was no tomorrow. I wanted to finish this race first. I made my way to the nearest fire exit. I tried pushed the bar however it was stuck in place. If I took the main entrance there was a high chance of being caught.

I looked in alarm, a sound of footsteps echoing down the corridor, someone was approaching closer. Adrenaline rushed into my system, as I thought of a quick solution. I looked to see a window close by. It was big enough for me to fit through, I pushed the handle open climbing of the window sill. I was relieved to see the landing was only a few lengths away. I hiss as my bare legs hit the spikey veins of a bush beneath me.

I'm in a the hospital parking area, thankfully it's dark enough for me to be noticed. The full moon makes a grand appearance behind the cushions of the grey clouds. I decide to put some shoes on, the stones pressed into my toes in discomfort. Taking out my heels I put them on my feet in a corner. I hear some shouting from the hospital making me freeze. I look up, recognizing it's a private hospital- one I couldn't afford. They must have realised I was gone.

I knew this was going to get me in trouble but I just had to get out.

Blame it on my mental health, I don't care. My upper back was exposed in the hospital gown causing the wind to prick onto my skin. I guess I could put my dress on soon, in that case I would have another layer of warmth to cover me. I walked to the nearest grocery shop, as the night owls stare in the depth of the leaves. 

I rush to the washroom putting my dress on, placing the gown in the bag. I walk towards the clothes section, not the best clothes are displayed to my liking but anything would do that would make me look less of a hooker.

I pick up some oversized jeans as there are none in my size and a large male jumper. There were less options to choose from. Maybe it was best to look homeless right now, get the habit started sooner rather than later.  

I pay on the till as the cashier looks at me sceptically. He seems too tired to care and scans the item regardless. I pay by card rushing back to the bathroom. I change once again, covering my face with the hood. Thank god I keep my card on me at all times. My phone on the other hand had been confiscated by my parents for the night.

They sure treated my like a child. I missed them now, no matter how they were. I walked out, walking to the nearest phone box. I grabbed the change the cashier had given me. Closing the door to the phone box behind me, I place the phone on my ear. Dialling the number I had written on my hand. I crossed my finger praying he would pick up as it ringed.

"Hello?" A deep voice answered my impatience. It was him.

x_x Vote and Comment x_x