Chapter 11

--Uka Uka Wasteland--
During the battle at Pinstripe's Factory

Slick's face was hurting. You can say he can't feel his face when look at Azrael. Yeah, I know it was bad joke.

The former Prince glanced at the red strained paws. He felt great to punch that idiot who cost him the kingdom of Felina from him. The wizard who beat him, an upperclass wizard. A whole year of anger relinquished just like that.

"Hey...Azrael. What did...he promise you?"

The wizard turned to the battered Slick, inhaling air through his mouth due to blood running through his nose.

"Power. Revenge."

"Haha, blinded by anger. I guess you haven't learned your lesson from Malacore. Look...around you. You know what a wasteland is right? It's nothing, no life, no Felina or anything..." Slick said, trying to make the former Prince see the error in trusting Uka Uka.

"Darla failed to stop Alex and was lashed by Malacore. She's still alive off somewhere. You working for someone that really doesn't take crap from anyone. You fail this time, it's your life. Is that what you want?"

"Shut up, you rambling buffoon. You don't know me. This could be the world I want. Who the hell are you to know me!?" Azrael lashed out.

"Because...I'm not dead. You said back at Felina, when you were free, you'll kill me. So...why am I barely breathing?"

Azrael's paws glowed as he stomp towards the weakened Felinian, ready to end his life right then and there. Slick closed his eyes to unsee his untimely demise.

Azrael wanted to finish the Felinian once and for all. His life, ruined by Slick. But he found himself frozen, not obliterate his enemy.

'What the hell? Why am I standing still? He should be dead! He promise I get rid of him, everything will be back to normal. So why am I just standing there?'

"Azrael!" Uka Uka called for him. "Your play time is over. We need him."

"Y-yes sir" Azrael said, using his magic to levitate Slick to the lair.

-----

"Hey bud."

Alex's eyes widen as he looked at his best friend. Blood going down his nose, bruised right eye, left eye wasn't as bad as the other and his robe and teared up, revealing parts of his skin cut and bruised.

"Don't worry, I'm living. Just had an painful conversation with Uka Uka. Let's just say he's brutally honest with me" Slick said. Even beaten up and maybe close to death, he thought it was funny to crack jokes.

"Uka Uka, what have you done to him?" Tropy asked, worrying look on his face.

"This is your one and only warning. Do what we demand and we'll spare him" Uka Uka menacingly said.

"We would exchange your pathetic best friend and sidekick for the two crystals you have. You plan anything stupid, he's dead. You keep the crystals, he's dead. Here's a portal to my world. I'll see you soon."

The hologram disappeared, leaving the four heroes stunned at the sight of one of their heroes in the hands of Uka Uka and his henchmen.