Chapter 12

Uka Uka and Azrael awaited for the crystals to make it to them. Slick was still tied up, feeling a bit better, but his body hurt like hell.

In the distance, the powerless Felinian saw a white fur yeti with two crystals walking towards the three.

"Oh no, Alex, no."

After a few minutes, Alex stood in front of them, holding out the crystals. Azrael appear in front of the yeti and took the crystal. Alex snarled at the wizard who look like he didn't want to take the crystals.

After giving the crystals to the villians, Slick appear in front of Alex untied. The yeti hug his best friend, not wanting to let go even though he was told to because Slick could barely breathe.

"Thanks to your foolish friendship, I got what I want and the world is closer to looking like this wasteland."

Uka Uka laughed maniacally, teleporting out of the area with Azrael. A portal appear and the reunited best friends went in.

--TimeTwister 2.0--

Alex and Slick arrived back to the TimeTwister to an unhappy Dr. Tropy and a displeased Aku Aku.

"Hello everyone. Nice to you all haha" Slick said, trying to break the ice.

Tawna and Alex helped Slick to a room so he can rest. After the Felinian was bandaged and sleeping, Alex came out to meet Dr. Tropy and Aku Aku.

"Alex, what you did was premature and reckless. My brother would've killed you both and take the crystals without us knowing."

"Excuse me? My best friend would've died if you two had a plan. And then what, guys? You would have a bigger problem than Uka Uka to deal with. Anyway, what was your plan?" Alex snapped back at the two.

They were silent. There were no plan. But Uka Uka wouldn't just spare Slick and Alex's life. It wasn't in his character.

"What's that? Silence? I thought so. Aku Aku, Crash's blood is already on your hands. I'll be damned if you let him die!"

Sighing, The Time Wizard spoke. "Alex, the world is back in danger. We're trying to save it. I understand-"

"Don't act like you understand! Slick is my best friend, my brother. I would let the world die before I let him. Our friendship is strong together and we promise to stop Uka Uka together. So, I don't give me lip when you couldn't come up with anything. If you had a heart, you would've done the same thing for who you cared about."

Alex walked away from Tropy and Aku Aku, walking back in Slick's room. The witch doctor lower his eyes floating away from the Time Wizard.

--Uka Uka's lair--

Azrael went off to find Uka Uka. He needed to set his mind right. Ricky poisoned his mind to make him doubt about Uka Uka's loyalty.

Azrael walked up to the entrance of his leader's room, but quickly hid on the side as he heard Uka Uka voice along with another voice.

"Is our plan still going on?" an feminine voice asked.

"Without a pair of troublesome heroes in the way! But we gathered one of them here and exchange his life for the crystals they took. Such fools" Uka Uka laughed.