Chapter 21

Struggle. Struggling to move the slightest muscle. But again, I failed. Maybe I'm dead. My eyes are open and I'm just looking at the dark.

I felt the warm air on my body. It was like the sun bathing me in warmth. What was going in with me?

The next I knew, I started to see people. They looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who they were. But as I kept my sights on them, memories start to play like a movie.

I-I had a sister, a father, an evil scientist. Ugh, so much going on, my brain felt like it was about to explode. I found myself in some dark place. I look down and saw blood on my hands. What is going on?

The evil scientist came over to me, ripping a piece of his white shirt, wrapping my stomach where blood was oozing out.

"[Static], I don't know if you could hear or understand me. I'm sorry. All these years of you foiling my plans of world domination and trying to destroy you.

"I was always angry at the world for taking the woman I loved, I sold myself to an evil and now, he's getting rid of me.

"Now...I guess I'm left here with you, huh, ironic. But, you know, I rather have you live than me. You have a family that loves you.

"I...I don't have anyone anymore. I never told my neice that she isn't my actually my neice. She's my daughter. My colleagues taking care of her instead of me.

"I've failed as a husband, a father, a sciencist. At least having you live will keep my soul to rest."

My vision start to fade like I was going unconscience. I wanted to thank him and tell him that I could be his...his...

frie-

-----

He sat up like he woke up from a nightmare. His vision was blurry, his mouth dried, his energy drained. He looked around as his vision start to be clear.

Inside a tube that is open in a empty room. He got out of the open containment, falling on the floor. He was hungry and thristy. Crawling to the door and using the knob to help stand up, he left the room.

--Warlands--

Slick hopped into his brown armored fighter plane along with Alex and Coco. The latch door open up, making a downward ramp to the sky.

"Be careful out there. Cortex and I will guide you from here. Use your radio" Scottie instucted to the three.

With the blades on both sides of each plane spinning, the pilots drove down the ramp and out of the carrier plane.

"I hope Slick and Alex know how to fly" Cortex said, giving a spine tingling feeling to Scottie for not asking them.

Slick's plane went out first, desceding a couple feet before acsending to the clouds. Coco follow behind him and Alex...he was struggling, but followed the bandicoot.

Firing a couple rounds, the Felinian hit the right wing of the enemy plane, causing it to spiral down. Slick focused on the other plane which shot the left wing of Carmen's plane.

The thief tried to eject out of the plane, but it seem the lever was jammed. With the left wing damaged, it look like it was the end for Carmen.

Or was it?

Slick and Coco fired towards the plane who were ready to collide between the red plane. The Felinian rode his plane high, above Carmen's plane.

"Slick, what are you doing?" Alex asked.

"It seems like Carmen is stuck. I'm going to her before her plane gives out."

Taking off his seat belt and putting on his parachute pack, Slick leaped out of his seat and landed on the roof of the red plane.

"Carmen Sandiego...ouch, that hurt" Slick said, holding to his ribs. "I'm with Scottie, here to rescue you."

Slick moved his head to look at the thief. But to his surprise, she wasn't human. She was a Felinian.

Carmen blushed at the male Felinian, but shook it off because her plane was still damaged and her seat was malfunctioned.

"Okay, hi. I'm having trouble at the moment."

"I can fix that."

Slick crawl down to her seat, use his claw to cut the strap to free Carmen. He picked her up from the seat, looking at the edge of the plane at the far bottom.

"Uh, I know we just met. But can hug me as tight as you can?" asked Slick, looking at Carmen's blue eyes.

"I hope you know what you're doing" The thief said, hugging the powerless wizard.

"Definately a statement not to say right now, Carmen."

The two jumped off the one winged plane and dove down.

"Scottie, Slick has Carmen and they're headimg down. I'm goin-"

Alex didn't finish his statement as he was being shot behind him. "Got multiple boogies on our tail."

Coco was going to turn back to fight the enemy, only to see the objective in front of them. The ship with the crystal inside, flanked by four blimps.

"We're here."

Coco and Alex split up to the sides to separate the army behind them, dodging the incoming bullets from striking their planes.

"Where did they come from?" Scottie asked, looking at the radar.

"They're the least of your problems."

Aku Aku, Scottie and Cortex looked in front of them to see an invader who was in their plane, cracking their knuckles.

Cortex eyes widen at the sight of the person. "Nina..."