Chapter 13

--TimeTwister 2.0--

Alex and Coco stared at the two individuals who invade the TimeTwister. Tawna and Zale looked at one of them, bad memories flowing back. Aku Aku and Tropy looked at the other one, wondering why he was there and trying to figure out if this is a setup.

Prince Azrael and Dr. Neo Cortex stood there, almost enjoying the facial reaction.

"The hell you doing here!?" Coco and Alex asked in unison.

"I'll go first. I rescued him before he was crumbled into bits. I know you know what I did to Ricky when he was over at the Wasteland. I was still pissed about our last encounter and I wanted revenge. But as he ran his mouth, he got to me and I didn't believe him. Now, I'm here to screw over Uka Uka, starting off with saving him."

"Since you're alive, Crash better be as well!" Coco said to Cortex. The former evil scientist scratch the back of his head.

"He is. But he would've been dead if it wasn't for me. A piece of metal from my gun stab him in his ribs. I went to help heal his wounds, but he was still in bad shape. I had induce your brother to a coma and froze him. He's alive but asleep. He has to wake up on his own."

Azrael reveal a blue tube covered in frost. Wiping the frost off, reveal Crash's face. Coco slightly smile, glad to see her brother after years of him trapped in that temple. But she wish he wasn't in a comatose state.

"Why should we believe you. Since the time you made Crash, you always despise him. Why the change of heart?" Coco asked Cortex.

"Because seeing the look in his eyes, in pain. I could've ended him, put him out of his misery. But I didn't. After all the years fighting, trying to conquer the world, trying to kill him, being defeated, then being yelled at by Uka Uka,

"I'm tired of it all. I give up and I didn't want to just watch him die. Crash has a family and I don't have anyone else."

Cortex was really alone. His creatures he called allies were off doing something with their lives. His closest friend, Dr. Brio and N. Gin were Peace Prize winners. Lastly his niece, Nina graduated from Madame Amberly Academy of Evil. The years he can't get back.

"Okay. So what about you, Azrael? Why you help them?" Alex asked, sneering at the former Prince.

"Because Uka Uka has plans with the crystals in Hurricos of Avalar. That's all I got other than someone else is working with him. She was wearing a cloak so I don't know who it is."

"If Uka Uka wanted to use the crystal, why does he have henchmen to protect them? He can use them himself" Alex said.

"It's very complicated thing to talk about" Cortex, Coco, Aku Aku, and Tropy said together.

"There's no logic to this, fine. We had two crystals, but gave it back to Uka Uka. So he has all the crystals, what are we going to do?"

"Well, I met one of his buddies. They have a crystal. So I can take it away from them" said Coco, cracking her knuckles. "But after some rest."

Prince Azrael got ready to teleport, but was stopped by Aku Aku. "Sir Azrael, thanks for saving Crash...and Cortex. Why don't you help us stop Uka Uka?"

"Haha, because there's always going to be someone else wanting to take over the world. Malacore, Uka Uka, Darla is still out there and someone new will try. It's an ongoing cycle. Someone has to put an end to it. I betrayed my kingdom, I betrayed the crown, I betrayed my family, and I slaughter my name in the dirt. I have to make things right again. On my own."

Azrael glowed, turning his back to the heroes. "I am no longer Azrael. I hope we won't meet again."

The former Prince disappeared, leaving Aku Aku and Alex slightly disappointed that he couldn't help them. But before they can do anything, an transmission came in.

"OHHHHHHHH HEROES! DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR! CLAP-"

"Gotcho, we don't have time for all of that. Okay, little miss hero. You snuck abroad Mr. Gotcho's ship. You destroy Big Wool's family heirloom and now he's in kinda bad shape. But you haven't got this yet. I know who you are, Coco Bandicoot. Sorry to hear about your brother. But I guess you wanna have a reunion with him.

"You are a tough cookie with a good history, Coco. But you've never met someone like me. I invite you to Luau Island to my ship, the S.S. Unicornpia and try to take my precious, my crystal.

"So come to your grave if you want this. I triple dog dare you."

Austin and Gotcho end their transmission. Coco sighed in grief as she was tired from the two weeks of travel, especially spending hours in the arctic. But she was given the punk card. This bandicoot wasn't a punk.