Chapter 24

--Warland--

Alex barrel roll from the shots from the planes behind him. Rising up, Zane fired shots at the planes, destroying them.

"Thanks, Zane" said the yeti.

"No problem."

Alex turn his attention on the left rear blimp, firing shots till it started to deflat. "One down, three to go."

Coco fired a few shots at the right front blimp before being bugged by the enemy planes. Using heat seeking missiles, some planes were destroyed.

But like a swarm protecting its home, more came out to fight.

"They don't let off, don't they?"

Coco fired off more missiles, but the left wing of her jet was shot.

"Oh no, oh no no no!"

"Oh yes, you damn bandicoot!" someone said in her earpiece.

Behind the jet was a black jet that flew right past and turn in front of the swarm. Inside the black jet was Nina.

"I guess its time you and I took over the family business, eh Coco?"

The bandicoot grind her teeth. "I guess so. But its going to be the good ol' days. Good triumphs evil."

"So be it..." said Nina, driving towards Coco's jet.

Coco fired bullets, but Nina's jet was faster, able to dodge the shots. The bandicoot kept moving, trying to finish the blimp.

Aiming the missiles at the blimp, she fired them towards it. Nina smiled as her cannons locked on the missiles and fired lasers at them, blowing them up before they made contact to the blimp.

"What!" Coco yelled, eyes widen at her screen.

Nina laughed as her nemesis was surprised at her defense. "I'm not like my father, Coco. I always have a plan."

But all her gloating came up short as the blimp exploded. Nina's left eye twitched as her anger began to rise.

"She forgot about us, didn't she?" Tawna said, flying past Coco and destroying the planes behind her.

"T-thanks, T-Tawna" Coco said, hesisted to tell her.

Coco learned about Tawna and wasn't pleased by her. Her presence with Pinstripe didn't help her case at all. Anyone who hurt Crash will hear a mouthful from the sister.

Hell has no fury like a sister scorned.

"Pinstripe, your ex is here..." Nina growled.

"Trust me, I'll get her."

--Unknown Base--

The walls explode, causing sercurity to be on alert. Slick dashed inside, sword in his right paw and a shield on his left, slashing the ant soldiers. Cortex, Carmen and Scottie followed by, attacking the soldiers as well.

The ant soldiers pulled out pulse swords to battle against the heroes.

Slick and Carmen teamed up together, the Felinian block their swords with his shield, giving the thief opening to shoot them.