24 - Date

I've expected no less from the wealthy playboy prince when he picked me up at the roof of Sora Tower with his private helicopter. When he flew me to New York City and took me to the city's hottest jazz club, I was not the least fazed by the lavished treatment.

Unfortunately for him, I was a Lind. Moreover, I've been to places far more impressive with my grandfather. Born into the world of the rich and powerful, it takes more than helicopter rides and exclusive clubs to impress me.

"Malik, you're here!"

"It's so good to see you Malik!"

"How come you don't call me anymore Malik?"

Even though our table had been sectioned off in the VIP corner, the prince's bodyguard still allowed his acquaintances entry. Even though the Arabic Prince was not a movie star or super model, everyone treated him like he was a celebrity - a very sought-after one at that. While I ate and enjoy the music, people came in and out to greet the prince. Of course, every one of the prince's acquaintances had been stunningly gorgeous - women and men alike. Many of them I recognized on the cover of prestigious fashion magazines.

"I miss you Malik"

Some of them, like the current one sitting on the prince's lap, were bold enough to show possessiveness toward the man. I wouldn't have cared until she smirked at me like she won. It was fine when she flirted with the playboy prince and ignored me like everyone else had. It was not fine when she bring me into her little games.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your date?" She smiled up at the prince who was drinking his scotch.

I have to wonder if the man was like this on a daily basis. To have a woman on his lap so casually while he was having dinner with someone else – it's insulting. I could only imagine if his actual date sitting in my place, having to endure his frivolous ways. If his date had any feelings for him, would he or she have to tolerate the situation?

"I guess you're not important enough for Malik to introduce us" The woman giggled.

The man was smiling, testing me on how I would respond to the rude woman.

"Considering the night is almost over" I ignored the woman's provocation while looking at Malik Shah. "Best to discuss your business Mr. Shah"

"Of course" Malik Shah chuckled while he waved a bodyguard over.

"H_ Hey!"

Before the woman could react, she was already carried away by the prince's guard.