29 - Protect

When Andrew Marks called me to let me know a driver have been scheduled to take me to Lind Corp Tower, I was surprised. I had thought to stay hidden in the condo for several days – at least a week or two, until the news of me and that playboy prince phased out. If grandfather have someone picked me up, did that mean everything was handled, media included?

"Thank you grandpa"

I figured to give proper thanks to the old man since he had helped me. But he told me he had only made sure the media is controlled. Before he could get to the original reporter, someone else had beaten him to it. Startled, I had questioned who beside grandfather would care to initiate contact with the reporter?

"Who do you think have the capability?"

Somehow, I knew who but I found it hard to believe.

"Eli Frye" James Lind look at me with a curious expression. "Are you involved with him?"

"No" I answered quickly – too quickly.

The raised brow on the old man's face made me feel embarrassed. I fought to hold his sharp gaze.

"No" I repeated firmly.

"Then why is he protecting you?"

I don't know why.

"Calla"

I tried to understand it myself – Eli Frye's action. I have refused him already. Why is he getting involved with my business?

"Have a seat"

I watched as the old man set the chess board on his desk.

"Grandpa, I_" I was in no mood to play.

"Sit" He ordered.

Why are all the men in my life so difficult?

"Only one round okay?"

The old man grunted under his breath, letting me know that I would be playing chess with him until he's content. With a tired sigh, I sat down. At least he's not questioning me further about Eli Frye.