26 - Paparazzi

The very next morning, I was in bed watching the news of the Arabic Prince with his "current" flavor of the month. Photos of the Prince holding my waist was plastered all over the news. Certain views have been skewed in a way that makes it look like the Prince was kissing me. Although there wasn't a clear shot of my face, anyone who knew me could tell that the young woman was indeed - me.

"Miss Calla" George had been serving me breakfast in bed, when he took notice of the news on the large flat screen.

                Shutting it off, I set the remote back on the end table beside the bed.

"Maybe you should stay home today" George said gently.

                I agreed to stay home. The media purposely did not announce my name even though I'm sure they knew who I am. They knew where I went to school. There is a chance that the paparazzi are waiting at the university's gate just to find me. While the student at Yale may not recognized the indistinct photos, they will recognize that it is me if I showed up. And once the media confirmed my name, my last year at Yale will be seen as a joke.

"Should I notify master?"

                Because George mentioned my grandfather, I knew the sweet old man was worried. The Lind name held great power and wealth. I can only assume 2 cases. One, someone is holding my identity ransom and had already contact my parents or grandfather. Or someone is waiting to sell my identity to the highest bidding media. Either case, money is most likely involved.

"No need to call_"

                Right on cue, my cell phone rang. My grandfather's private number appeared. With a heavy sigh, I picked up.

"Why did you get involve with that frivolous prince?"

"Sorry grandpa" I had no excuse to give.

"Stay home"

"I know"

                My conversation with grandfather ended just like that. James Lind was a man with few words, but I knew he was truly concern about the situation. Just when my call with grandfather ended, Alexander Locke incoming call appeared.

"What the hell are you thinking?"

                Unlike James Lind's calm, cool voice, my CEO was fuming with anger.

"He's playing with us" I tried to calm the pretty man before he exploded. "Don't let him get to you or he'll succeed"

                Only then did Alexander Locke calmed.

"Why couldn't you just ignore him?" Alex sighed tiredly.

"Ignoring him will only spur him on"

"Well congratulation, he's spurred on anyways"

                I laughed softly.

"Don't laugh" He scolded. "You fell into his trap"

                That I did. Knowing very well that I was not into his flashy world, Malik Shah had used the paparazzi to pull me into it. Because of his infamous serial dating habits, the whole world knows who the Arabic Prince was. Everyone is fascinated because the young handsome, wealthy prince always date super models or movie stars.

"Well too late for regrets" I closed my eyes and leaned back against the headboard.

"Just stay home until this blows over"

"Don't make any trouble with him" I cautioned Alex.

"I'm not an idiot like someone" He lectured. "Falling into traps left and right"

                I held back a laughter since it'll only upset the pretty man even more.

"I was looking forward to going to Lily's today" I sighed.

"Stay put" He warned. "Don't give me anymore headaches Calla"

                I hate it when Alexander Locke guilt-trips me.

"Fine" I muttered before hanging up.

                Stupid playboy prince, I'll make sure to get him back for the trouble he caused.