Amber

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share the love!

Another special shoutout to rafwacchi for making such an awesome sketch of Riese! I love it! <3

So kawaaiiii ! Anyways, let's get on to the story!

Riese's P.O.V

100 appeared on the screen and everyone gasped. As if it were the first time that they had seen a perfect score appear on the screen.

The host began stuttering, "Oh w-wow! W-with this score Riese Hayashi takes the lead and moves on to the next round!" People began clapping and I kept my neutral face on. I began to make my way back to my station then I noticed that Akira-kun was already watching from the audience. Maybe Group A had finished earlier.

"Told you." I mouthed as I stuck my tongue out making him huff and steer away from my eyes. I began busying myself with putting my equipment back into my bag and we were all dismissed. I was supposed to go and check how Group A was doing but realized that most of the audience would migrate there and that it would be too noisy.

Then I noticed a pair of amber eyes on me. He still had not left. I hastily made my way out of the arena so that I would not run into him.

'Why is he here?' I cringed at the thought of him. Unwanted memories would begin to make their way to me and I attempted to shake them off.

"Riese?" The only voice that enjoyed hearing in this school called my name, my heart began to feel lighter and mood better as I turned and saw a certain white eyed person making his way to me.

"Eishi-kun, you said that you wouldn't be able to make it." I gave him a sweet smile. The smile that I would only give to him. The smile that only he had the privelage of seeing.

He grinned, "What? You thought that I would miss watching you cook? Don't you know me, Riese? Did what I tell you earlier make you like me less?" His worrywart attitude began to show and I laughed.

"Eishi-kun! You're worrying too much again."

During the past few days that the two of us had been hanging out, he would smile more and worry less. I liked to think that somehow my presence would make him feel more comfort or something. But of course, I kept that thought to myself. I wasn't even sure yet.

"Hahaha, sorry Riese." He began ruffling my hair and I gave him my trademark glare which would usually make other people shiver or freeze. But he was different, he knew that all my acts were just a facade to keep people from making friends with me and hurting me.

'But didn't that give him the chance to do that?' A random thought crossed my mind and I dismissed it. I was confident that he wouldn't ever do that.

I looked at his face and felt my heart clench for some reason, 'Why do I feel like I've known you before?' He must have noticed the look on my face and another worried look graced his features.