Special Episode: Soulmate AU

Black and white. The only thing that she saw since the day that she was born, the only colors that had graced her eyes from the moment of conception. In other terms, the absence of color.

She loved art. Sketching, charcoal and all that. Besides cooking, she participated in multiple art galleries and competitions. However, these were the things that always, met her ears.

"Try exploring colors."

"Don't limit yourself."

"Would have been perfect with colors."

Everytime she heard these words, the would snap a pencil with her bare hand. She would punch the walls until her knuckles would turn red, no. A darker shade of grey. She would vent her frustration, only getting even more frustrated.

"Where's that damn soulmate when you need them?" She angrily muttered to herself as she stared at the blank piece of paper. She was slowly losing the will to draw, the will to feeding her artistic side. It was all going down the drain.

"Oi, Riese-chin." She slightly turned her head towards her ajar door, there stood a certain senpai who loved pestering her and taking her around whenever he knew she was being frustrated.

"What?" She grumpily asked as the male neared her, she doodled on the piece of paper, completely ignoring him who had been standing beside her. He looked down on her hands which were busy drawing on the piece of paper.

"You're lacking inspiration again, aren't you?" He asked with a smug look as he crossed his arms over his chest. The girl ignored his eyes but proceeded to talk with him, "What makes you say that?"

He grabbed one of the stools and sat beside her, pointing at the piece of paper, "First of all, you've been drawing circles on the paper for awhile now." She glanced at the paper, and indeed his words were true. Circles had occupied majority of the paper causing her cheeks to tint pin- a darker shade of grey in her case.

"Second," He put up one of his hands in the air and had the number two presented in front of her. "You're grumpy, you're only grumpy when you're uninspired." She couldn't protest to that, he had a point.

"And lastly," She was facing him at this point and was staring directly into his eyes, wishing that she could describe whatever color it was. "You never let me stay in your room for more than 30 seconds. Literally." He sighed in exasperation as he recalled previous situations where he would have always been subjected to being kicked out of the door, the moment that he stepped into the room. "You would always reason out about being busy."

She remained quiet and looked back on her piece of paper, he was right. Was she losing her touch?

"Oi! Don't just ignore me!" He sighed once again and earner the sulking girl's attention, "You're lucky that I'm here to save the day!" He pulled out a yukata from somewhere and shoved it into her hands, "We're going to the lantern festival later. Kapeesh? So you better get ready." With that being said, he ran out the room.

Riese stared at the ornately designed yukata, unfortunately, it was dull to her due to the color. She wanted to reason out about not being able to enjoy the lanterns since she can't see color, but that's the strange thing about these things, you weren't capable of telling other people about one's missing senses or else they would grow extremely ill.

~'~'~

The duo walked down the path as multiple booths and stores surrounded them. They were making their way to one of the areas where the lanterns would be best seen when they split up. The crowd grew and they ended up losing each other.

Being a total loser at directions, Riese walked around in circles, when the rain began to grow heavy. She had nowhere to go, she was being trampled by people when a hand reached out from behind her, grabbing her own hand.

"Come with me." The voice was calm as the appearance of the person. Snow white hair, pale skin, his violet kimono was also soaking wet as they ran through the brightly colored festival area, making their way to a poorly lit cottage.

"Thank you..." Riese managed to voice out as she shivered in the cold, a heavy piece of cloth had been drapped over her and it was a jacket that the male had been concealing.

The guy's pink lips turned upward when she gasped in surprise. She could see color, her eyes met his nearly white-purplish ones. "I-I..." She wasn't able to continue her sentence.

"My soulmate?" He continued for her with a sweet smile. "I know."

On the other side of where they were staying, was a mix-colored hair guy who was clenching a fist over his heart, he was watching the girl who once could not see color, and the white haired guy who once could not speak interact.

His heart shattered into little pieces, as the girl whose presence allowed him to finally feel with his skin, was slowly falling for another man.

A/N - HI GUYS! I have another special up as I am still quite busy with school. I have to make it up to you guys!  Hope you guys enjoyed short and random one-shot! See you guys again soon! Thanks for supporting The Lilac Sage. 😍