Mad as the Hatter

3rd Person's P.O.V

"Riese." A firm voice called out to the lone first year who had been working on important documents. Her hair was up in a messy bun as she gently nibbled on the tip of her pen as she focused intensely on the piece of paper which she had been looking at for almost 20 minutes now. Because of her intense focus, she had not noticed the black-haired male with green eyes who had entered the room.

"Riese..." The male sat in front of the desk that she was in and she blinked multiple times the moment that he got her attention. "Ah, Luke how long have you been there." Her cheeks had tinted pink after realizing that she was in a trance once again. She slightly bowed her head in embarrassment.

The male chuckled, a long strip of black hair slightly covered one of his emerald green eyes, it held amusement as he gazed upon the girl who was buried under paperwork. "No need to be so formal! You're so shy all of the sudden." He glanced at all the paperwork the girl had to do. He took off his navy blue blazer which left him in a white polo. "I may be the first pedestal, but you surely have more paperwork than me."

The girl puffed her cheeks a bit before crossing her arms, "Because you give me your paperwork, Lukookie!" The guy chuckled again at the nickname and the two began to converse normally. She set aside the paperwork that she finished with the moment that he arrived so that she could talk more with him.

"Riese, are you ready for next month?" The girl sighed at his question and nodded sadly. She was ready but she obviously didn't desire for it to happen. The school administration had chosen her to go to Japan. Perhaps because she was the only one in the Omega 7 who had Japanese bloodline.

"I'm ready, but I'd rather not go back there..." Her voice trailed off as she gently picked at the hem of her skirt. "I'm going to miss this place so much." The first pedestal nodded in acknowledgement, he noticed the growing weariness of the girl and decided to break the ice, "Yeah, and no one's gonna finish the paperwork now." They both laughed at the older one's joke.

They continued to talk until about 9pm that night, Luke had gone to use the bathroom and when he got back, the girl had fallen asleep on the table. He smiled to himself and gently picked the girl up in his arms, carrying her bridal style. He looked over the peaceful features and sighed sadly. He then walked over to her room in the mansion that was assigned to the Omega 7, and tucked her in the bed. He took out the pin that was placed on his blazer, it was a blue rose, and engraved on it was: "Luke Estheim". He pinned it to the blazer that he had removed from the girl earlier.

"Good night, Riese." With that being said, he closed the lights and locked the door. His footsteps gently echoed throughout the empty hallways. Before he disappeared into the darkness.

~'~'~

"Oi, Akane-chin!" The lilac-haired snapped to the side as she realized that she had been twiddling with the blue rose pin that was safely attached to her jacket. She looked over with irritation to the male with strangely colored hair. "You've been ignoring me for almost- oh." 

Kuga had looked directly in the girl's face and realized the sudden change of eye color. There was now a balance between the blue and amber, and he realized who he was talking to.

"Riese-chin?!" He flailed his arms in the air in panic after realizing who he was talking to, "When did you wake up? What happened to Akane-chin?" He obviously grew fonder to the girl's counterpart, she sighed in annoyance as she spoke up.

"Akane wanted to rest for awhile, I guess that we're here because of Soma-kun's test?" She tried to put two and two together. Her memory was a blur as most of the time, it had been Akane who was awake most of the time. She took in the view in front of her, Hayama and Soma were both focused on their cooking as the judges watched with the same intensity. Before Kuga could further interrogate her, he had been dragged away by two of the judges, Berta and Sheila. Riese continued to watch in silence, what had been happening in front of her. She sniffed the air and took in the pungent scent of bear meat, and scent of different spices that were being prepared.