Père

Riese Hayashi's P.O.V

"A tie between the Chinese Cuisine RS and Paws and Tails Cafe!" I clicked my tongue, still not enough to beat him. I looked over at my opponent and saw that he had the same expression, we exchanged cold glares before I went back inside my cafe. It was time for me to screen the applicants, while doing so, the staff were bringing the dogs back to my place for them to have their dinner. (A/N - This is not the cage kennel that Riese has at home, it's like a house for dogs. No animal abuse here!)

Applicant # 1 

Name: Sumitimo Okichi
Email: SumitimoOkiiichi@totsuki.com
Dog: Chuchi
Why I want the dog: A new addition to the family!

Pass. I then sent an email immediately. 

Applicant # 3

Name: Takasu Shoko
Email: Taka_sho@ totsuki.com
Dog: Boo
Why I want the dog: To breed

Decline. I tossed the paper away.

Out of about 50 applicants, I only accepted 13. The others obviously wanted to just make money out of their dogs. I guaranteed the people managing the shelter that the dogs would go to good homes. I couldn't bear the thought of allowing them to just go anywhere. 

I stretched and got out of my chair, I looked at the clock and decided to look around at the other open restaurants, the others had already left and the only one who waited for me was Kagura-kun. 

"Kagura-kun~ Let's go, I'll treat you!" I draped an arm over his shoulder making him uneasy. I ignored him as I dragged him outside the restaurant and locked it up. We then began to walk around the closed restaurants only to find a takoyaki restaurant that remained open. We got some and we decided to eat while walking around.

"Hey, Kagura-kun, I thought of something to up our sales." I spoke after swallowing my first takoyaki, he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "What is it, Riese-sama?" I hit his arm.

"Stop calling me, Riese-sama! You're making me cringe." I hated being called that, he didn't need to be so formal with me. We've known each other for so long.

"Ah, sorry, Riese-chan." He rubbed the arm that I hit. "What were you saying earlier?" I sighed and calmed myself down before carrying on.

"We should sell something that people can buy and walk around while eating it." I looked down on the Takoyaki that I was munching on. "Luckily, we have all the ingredients that we need. Can you come earlier tomorrow?" I asked him.

"Sure, anything for you, milady." Why did this feel like Alice-chan and Kurokiba-kun?

~'~'~

The next day, I was already in the cafe at 5 am. I was preparing the ingredients that I needed for the dessert that I was planning to make. I preheated the oven and gathered flour, sugar, yeast, butter, eggs, milk, cornstarch.

I first made dough and waited for it to rise. I made one that could make about 100 of what I was planning to make. I began to make custard that would go inside the dough. I made it in various flavours. Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cheese, matcha, hazelnut, and lemon. After it was cooked. I began to form the dough with the custard in the middle and shaped it in a form of a dog's paw.

The smell of freshly baked bread wafted through the air. I sighed in content and took everything out of the oven and waited for it to cool. Kagura-kun arrived, panting heavily, he looked like he came here running.

"Kagura-kun, are you alright?" I asked in concern, worried about him as he looked like he was about to pass out.

"Riese-sama, I'm so sorry that I'm late!" My concern then turned to annoyance.