Hero/Heroine

Riese Hayashi's P.O.V

The Autumn Elections ended with Akira-kun winning first and Kurokiba and Soma-kun in 2nd. I have been avoiding Eishi-kun as much as possible. I was still upset and I had been avoiding answering calls from him.

What upset me more was that Eishi-kun had never bothered to look for me. I guess that's just how much I mean to him. I shrugged it off, this was why I hate getting close to people. They'd just leave anyways.

Today, we first year students would be having a Stagiaire. This was when students would be sent to different restaurants, hotels, factories, etc. I was currently in the Shiomi Seminar trying the finals dishes. I sat beside Kurokiba-kun who was much civil now without his headband.

"The soy milk's mildness makes the pacific saury's tender saltiness stand out pretty well." Soma-kun said with a finger pointed up towards the air. I took a bite out of the dish.

"How's the flavor?" He asked looking at me then at Kurokiba-kun.

"It doesn't have enough appeal. The crispy plum doesn't seem to be a good idea." Ryou-san had beat me to saying my opinion.

"You big idiot," Soma-kun began crossing his arms. "The crispy plum is what makes it good!"

"Hmm... It gives off a cheap feeling."  The ravenette began, "Makes me not want eat it." Then he handed his bowl, "Seconds."

"But you're eating again!" The red head began complaining.

Ryou-kun then said confidentally, "My
Cartoccio was better. You really were in third place."

"I don't mind you guys trying each others dishes from the finals... but why here?" Akira-kun spoke from the sides.

Before anyone could respond to him, Jun-san came inside holding a tray with teacups and a teapot. "I made some tea!" She announced joyfully then Akira-kun rushed to her side.

"You don't need to attend to them!" Akira-kun scolded.

"B-but they came all the way here." Jun-san reasoned out, setting down the tray on the table. There I saw a box of cookies, and I assume that Akira-kun saw as well.

"Why are you giving them the expensive cookies? Just give them the cheap ones we bought from the store last week.

"We can hear you..." Kurokiba-kun sweatdropped. He then began shoving the cookies into his mouth.

"Stop being too stingy, Hayama-kun." I said with a grin as I watched Kurokiba-kun gobble them all down.

"Hey! Don't eat them all in one sitting!" Akira tried to grab the plate from Ryou.

I noticed that Soma-kun was pondering quietly in his seat.

"Hayama," All eyes had turned to him, "we want to compare dishes, so make your 'Scorched Pacific Saury Capaccio."

"ASAP." Ryou added after he placed the empty plate down. I grabbed a cup of tea and began sipping, watching them argue.

Over the past few days, I grew closer to the three, mostly because of Soma. He would visit (barge into my house) me from time to time and we would cook, Ryou would appear from nowhere. Me and Akira would discuss about different ingredients and combinations. Maybe they knew that i was upset, but I suppose that it was good that I was starting to get along with them as well.

However, I did miss a certain white-haired male. The one with icy white eyes that provided me with so much comfort.

The day came that we would all be leaving, I was ready and was making my way towards our transportation, I then received a text.

From: Eishi (Tomato-kun)
Message: Hello, Riese-chan. I know that you're still upset with me and I won't press on. I'm so sorry for what I did but I hope someday I would be able to make you understand. I haven't been able to visit you lately because paperwork has been piling up. But I miss you a lot, I miss your company. I hope that when I'll have time to visit you, you won't push me away. Anyways, good luck with the Staigiaire, I know that you'll do well without even giving your all. I hope that you weren't annoyed with my message, and that I hope you won't stop talking to me. I really miss you.
See you soon.

I smiled at the message, but as we were all being gathered to enter our transportation services, I decided to reply to him later.

I knew that this was going to take awhile, so once I boarded the train, I fell asleep, comfortably in one of the VIP rooms.

A/N - Second night! I know that the chapters have been extra short but please bear with me. I will make it up to you guys when I get home!