Young Volcanoes

Riese Hayashi's P.O.V

The first day went quite smoothly and I knew that I had already made a difference here, the staff were now more eager, and united, well, because they hated me. I didn't mind, they would appreciate what I did for them soon. I woke up the next day and began preparing, it was quite early and I noticed that Hayama-kun was still asleep. I took advantage of it and took a long bath to relieve my tense muscles.

As soon as I finished, I wrapped myself in my bathrobe and headed to my area, I took out the uniform and seeing it triggered a scream from me.

"What the hell?" I looked at it. It was the typical chef's coat and skirt instead of my usual pants. The chef's coat was also incredibly fit, it hugged whatever curves I had and it didn't feel as comfortable as my loose ones. It also came with a pair of heels. How the heck was I supposed to cook with this? There was a note.

Hayashi-san~ Hope that you like the uniform! We'll be needing it to serve customers, don't put your figure to waste! You would attract a lot of customers with it. - Ayami Chiba

I crumbled the piece of the paper, and sighed. I would wear this but definitely not the heels. I put it on and felt my dignity slowly draining from me, I cringe at the thought of other people seeing me.

"Hayashi, are you - oh.." I turned and saw Hayama-kun standing there and flustered. He was looking at me and I felt myself becoming flustered as well. "Stop looking at me like that!" I wasn't given much of a choice. He then shut the curtain. 

I also managed to see what he was wearing, a traditional chef's uniform that was white. Contrast to the usual black that he wears. I was tempted to steal his old uniform and wear it as I felt extremely uncomfortable with what I was wearing, but I knew that I had no choice but to comply. I would get back at them somehow. This was probably my karma for being so harsh yesterday. I sighed for the nth time this morning and pulled my lilac hair into a bun. The moment that I deemed myself to be presentable, I made my way out and saw Hayama-kun waiting for me outside the room. We began to walk in silence towards the restaurant.

"Just so you know..." He began with his eyes averted from me, "You look great."

"Uh.. Thanks." I awkwardly said as I looked down at the flats I was wearing, I felt horrible. We then arrived at the kitchen and Chiba-san was making some announcements before cutting the ribbon. There were about 5 of us here, two waitresses, the head chef, Hayama-kun, and I. We then began cooking.

The restaurant was then packed with people, I looked at the window that was between the kitchen and the restaurant to see that the waitresses were struggling to take the orders. I sighed and left my station making my way outside. I began taking orders.

"Good morning sir, what would you be having today?" I waited on the table nearest to me.

"Ah, what a lovely lady, could you be the chef? I've been waiting here for so long, it's nice that the chef would volunteer to assist the waitresses." He began and looked at me, he had maroon colored hair that flowed down in waves and perfectly framed his face. His features seemed feminine but his voice was the contrast of that. For some reason, he wore a traditional kimono. A kimono that was typically worn by a woman.

"Ah yes, it is my job to make sure that the customers will be satisfied with the services." I gave a gentle smile and tried to be as polite as possible. He must have noticed me looking at him strangely when he said, "I apologize for my get up. I'll be having a kabuki performance later." That explained a lot, "I would love for you to watch it later." He gave a flirtatious wink and handed me a ticket. I simply chuckled at his attempt and did not accept the ticket, "I apologize, sir. But I'm not here to enjoy, I'm completing a test for the school that I am."