Learning to Fall

Riese's P.O.V

"Kurokiba Ryou." My heart broke. I lost. I couldn't understand it, what was wrong with my dish? Countless of thoughts had made their way to my mind. I clenched my hand which was in my pocket, I could feel the skin ripping and I knew that I drew blood. I sighed but put on a stoic expression and made my way outside.

"Hah, you're nothing." Kurokiba sneered at me and gave a wicked smile. I wanted to shove my middle finger in his face but I decided against it. I admit, I hate losing. I never lost. Until today.

"If you lose, don't ever show your face to me." A male with chestnut colored hair said looking down upon a small lilac-haired child.

I left the arena hearing whispers around me, I knew that they were talking about me, I hated it. I hated this kind of attention. Especially losing. Expectations are the worst. I shivered at the thought if he found out I lost.

"Hayashi..." I heard Soma-kun call me. I simply gave him a smile and continued to walk on. I wanted to be alone.

I walked on towards the forest and inhaled the crisp air. This was peaceful and soothed me. I tried to forget about what happened earlier and calm myself down. I was shivering, I knew that he would find out. I'm sure that even the Omega 7 would know. What would they think of me.

I pondered to myself alone in the forest, I should have given it my all. Maybe that the thought was the only thing that provided me with solace. That he won only because I didn't give it my all. But it was still a loss. It scarred my record. It was ruined.

"Riese?" Someone called to me, I had hoped that it was that white haired man who had always provided me with comfort. But it wasn't. It was Isshiki-kun.

"Isshiki-kun... Aren't you supposed to be facilitating?" I asked stuffing my hands into pocket and looking downwards.

He approached and put a hand on my shoulder, I wanted to shrug it off but I didn't want to appear rude. "I saw you storming out, we get worried too, you know?" He gave a sweet smile and I couldn't help but feel flustered. I felt the anger from earlier begin to emerge once again and I broke down.

"Isshiki-senpai, he's gonna. He's gonna-" I said through sobs and he then enveloped me into an embraced. I didn't feel the same warmth as Eishi-kun but it still felt comforting somehow.

"Riese-chan..." He began running his fingers through my hair, "They... they made you lose on purpose." My head jolted upwards and I looked at him straight in the eyes.

"What?" I pulled myself away from him. I asked in frustration and didn't pull my gaze away. This was frustrating.

"They were made to make you lose. If you check the scores, your rating was higher." He said with his eyes downcast. As if he weren't supposed to tell me.

"But why?" I clenched my hand in a fist. Was this the headmaster's work? Didn't he know what HE was capable of doing?

Isshiki-kun remained silent, there was sadness in his eyes and I sighed. "Isshiki-kun." I tried asking him again, my voice was obviously coated with anger.

"It was because of me." A voice suddenly appeared from behind Isshiki-kun. There stood Eishi-kun. However, instead of being pleased, I was enraged. I couldn't believe that he did this.

But I tried to keep a cooler head so that I could listen to his explanation, "Why, Eishi-kun?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"I'm trying to protect you."

"You got me into more trouble." I ran out of the forest and kept running and running. I made my way to my house and locked the door, making my way to my room and locked myself up.

I opened my phone, there was a message. It's contact ID made me nervous.

From: Kaname Hayashi
Message: I'll be paying a visit soon.

A/N - Tadaaa~ Who is dis Kaname Hayashi? Hehe got the name from Vampire Knight. So the event that I went to for the past few days is a retreat and the place is scaaaary. Like there is a sink in the room. Like in a room. And a creepy closet that looks like the one in The Conjuring. I can't wait to go homeee~