Faults - (Chresanto August)

Prologue.

It was a day like any other, except for the fact that she woke up in the wrong bed. Waking up in another man's bed wasn't strange for her, but the man it was seemed to be a little strange. It wasn't her first time sleeping with him, but waking up in his bed was definitely a first.

The man being talked about is a very wealthy man, he had to be in his mid forties. And as for the girl, she was only 19 years of age. It wasn't illegal, but the age difference was a bit off, not to mention that the man is married. She didn't care of course, as long as she got paid, and that she did.

She was so attached to this man, and it was because of his rich life style. At times, she was envious of his wife because it wasn't her living like this. She was having to sleep with different men almost every night to receive her income. It wasn't normal for her to sleep with the same man multiple times, but this was different. He paid her more than any man did, and more than she made in a week.

The strange part about all of this is that she never woke up his bed. Mostly because his wife was always around, which is why they would do their business in nearby hotels and such, but this time his wife was out of town.

She got out the bed, feeling the cold air bash against her naked body. They had got in late last night, so when they did get in, she wasn't able to take in how beautiful his home was. There were nothing but expensive appliances. Every counter top was pure granite and there was a plasma in almost every room. These were things she wasn't very used to, so it had her in amazement.

Another breeze hit her body, reminding her that she was still very much naked. She found her clothes and slipped them on. This was something new to her, so she didn't know if she should leave or wait until he woke up. When they were in the hotels, he would usually be gone before she woke up. That always upset her, because she knew he was going back home to his wife.

After she was fully dressed, she made her way down the long hall- admiring all the beautiful things he had. She finally reached the door and the sunlight shimmered down on her skin. Summer was just beginning, but it had still been a very windy outside, making the weather colder than usual. This was a neighborhood that she was unfamiliar with, her neighbors were nothing like this- her neighborhood was nothing like this. The front yards were damn near perfect- the grass was perfectly mowed and it was a beautiful green. The sun even gave it a little more

glisten. She began to think what it would be like if she had this lifestyle, but the thought quickly flew away because she knew this man wasn't leaving his wife; and she would never ask him to.

It finally hit her that she had been standing in front of his house for about five minutes, and she was probably looking like an idiot. She walked over to the car that she had purchased, by saving up enough money. It wasn't the best car, but she liked it- and it got her where she needed to go.

She had never been in this part of town; she really had no reason to be. If anyone from where she lived found out she was here, she'd never hear the end of it. Although she only considered about two people to be her friend, everyone knew who she was; and it wasn't for the reason you would think. She looked in the rear view mirror, planning to back out, but she caught herself looking at her reflection.

"I'm beat," she mumbled to herself and pulled out of the large drive way.

It took her about 10 minutes to get out of the neighborhood. She planned on having a house like these one day, but she didn't know how she would do it.

The money she got was good, but she knew it wasn't enough to get a house in a neighborhood like this.

Her phone began to ring and she looked down at it. When she saw who it was, she wished she had never looked. Maybe she could pretend like she didn't see it- that was no use, so she picked up the phone and placed it to her ear.

"What's up?" She asked, rolling her eyes. You could hear the agitation in her voice.

"Why weren't you here last night? We needed you," his voice boomed through the speaker of the phone. His voice was so deep and monotone.

"I was busy, alright? I have a life outside of that y'know." She thought about the reason why she couldn't make her appearance, and a smirk made its way on to her face.

"Did I ask you that? All I know is that you better be here tonight at 10, and you're working two hours extra," he yelled into the phone causing her to jump a little. Without any time to even respond, she heard a click; indicating that he had ended the conversation.

She ran her fingers through her dark hair, something she did when she was thinking or stressed. You could probably figure that she does that, a lot. His call put a damper on her mood, and I see why it did. She only worked for him on some nights; and it was just for some extra cash, but it was still a job. She knew not to argue with him though, because last time she did that, things didn't turn out good. So, there was no choice but for her to show up at the building at 10 tonight. A long sigh escaped her lips as she continued to drive down the road.

She pulled over to the nearby corner store in her neighborhood, owned by Mr.Gonzales. He wasn't only the owner of a store, but he spit out drugs whenever you needed them. The building was run down and worn, but it was still the hottest spot in the neighborhood and everyone chilled outside the place. It was times like this that she could really use some weed to release her stress, but she knew she didn't need it and she hated it.

If you look right next to the corner store, you'd see a small house. The house was definitely tiny, but it was one of the nicest houses in the entire neighborhood. That house belonged to Bianca Jenkins. Bianca's parents died a few years back, so they left the house to her. The two girls weren't very fond of each other, and you could tell every time one another's name was mentioned. It was worse when the two saw each other. She had always been a little jealous of Bianca, only because she actually had a nice house to live in- and well, her apartment was horrible.

She laid back in her car and took in the scenery of her home town since birth. It wasn't the nicest place, but it was still home and she loved it. She just felt that she needed better, and that's what she planned to get, eventually. That's when a picture of the house she had left this morning came into mind. The most beautiful and elegant house she had ever seen before- and that was no surprise considering the house she's used to.

A knock came upon her window, startling her a little bit. She turned her attention to the sound to see that it was none other than Christopher. Christopher always had a thing for her, ever since the sixth grade; but she decided that it was best for them to just stay friends. Partially because of what she did for a living and then there was the fact that she couldn't stay in a relationship to save her life. She always needed something new- which is why her job is perfect for her. A relationship was the last thing on her mind.

But things always got a little crazy, in Valley Faults.