Thirteen.

"What to wear, what to wear?" I sang to myself as I rummaged through my closet.

Aubree and I were getting ready to go to the barbecue that Chris was having at he and his mom's house. Aubree was already dressed and playing around in her walker, now I was trying to find something.

It is a barbecue, so I didn't want to get too over dressed but I always had to look great. I decided to wear a simple peach romper with some brown Michael Kors sandals. That should be good enough for a family barbecue.

I grabbed my purse and slipped my cellphone inside it.

I laughed at how Aubree was trying to make herself move forward, although she couldn't walk like an expert.

Before I picked her up to leave, I sprayed myself in perfume and slipped a breath strip into my mouth.

"Okay Aubs, let's get going!"

.

"Hey Chanel, what's up girl?" Chris asked, greeting me with a warm hug.

"What's up Chris?" I laughed walking in with Aubree.

"We haven't seen you around in a minute, you went MIA on us. Did we do something?"

No, but I did. "No, just been a little busy with working."

He nodded in understanding and his eyes fell to the baby in my arms. "Who- who's that?"

"She's, uh, she's mine." I shamefully admitted.

"She's your what?"

"My daughter--"

"Your daughter?" He asked cutting me off. "Since when did you have a daughter?"

"Remember that party we went to, after we graduated? Well, I woke up next to some guys and I don't know which one got me pregnant. My mom's been raising her for that time that she hasn't been with me," I sighed.

"And you weren't going to tell us right?"

I shook my head, "I was going to tell you, that's why I was kind of happy that I came over today. I thought this would be the right time to tell you all."

He didn't say anything.

"Chris there's no reason for you to be mad about this, I just got her three days ago!"

He half heartedly laughed, "Three days ago is a lot. I'm your best friend, I thought you could tell me anything!"

"Is momma here?" I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Yeah, she's in her room." Chris scoffed and walked to the backyard, I'm guessing to check the meat on the grill.

Aubree began squirming in my arms and playing with my necklace. I smiled at her and she made those little baby noises that I thought were super adorable.

I knocked on the door and walked in. She was sitting in the same position that she was in when I was here the last time, watching LMN movies. She didn't look as bad as she did either, kind of like she was getting better.

"Hey momma, how are you?" I smiled and sat on the edge of her bed.

"I'm good honey, how are you?" She grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"I'm fine."

"Who's this little beauty?" Aubree was dozing off in my arms. This little girl sleeps more than me.

"This is my daughter, Aubree."

"You're daughter, huh?" I nodded and she smiled. "She looks just like you."

"I'm gonna go lay her down in Chris' room, she's about to fall asleep again." I got up and left to put her in Chris' bed.

Once I had her situated, I went up to the living room where Brianna and Chresanto were. Chresanto smiled and Brianna just gave me a stank look.

"Hey Chanel," Chresanto greeted. I waved and sat down, turning the television.

"I was watching that Chanel," Brianna butted in with an attitude.

"You were watching the news?" I laughed, "you and I both know you hate the news so please, let's not try and start something."

"If you weren't ignoring my text messages there wouldn't be anything to even start," she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I have reasons for ignoring your texts, I haven't talked to Chris either so get out of your feelings Brianna." I smirked and sat back in the reclining chair.

"I will slap that smirk off of your damn face, keeping testing me Chanel."

Chresanto chimed in, "Brianna what is your problem?"

"Come do it then Bri, come on. You've seen my hands so you touching me would not be your best decision, bet." I stood up to walk to the back to check on Aubree until I felt my hair being yanked. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

I turned around punched Brianna directly in her nose.

"Ah, you bitch!" She squealed.

"I told you not to put your damn hands on me, keep showing off in front of your little boyfriend and I'm going to give him a show!" I yelled back and she came charging at me again. This time I fell to the ground and she was on top.

I punched her again and she fell back. A good opportunity to get on top of her, which I did. I slapped her a few times and felt myself being pulled up my someone. Probably Chris.

"Dumb hoe, don't put your hands on me again or you gone get more than what you got today! You so lucky!" I yelled at Brianna, who was being held by Chresanto. That meant that Chris was behind me.

"I'm a hoe? Says the girl who strips and gets paid for sex? You dumb prostitute!" She shot with no remorse.

"That's how you feel?" I laughed at her comment.

"Let go of me Christopher, I don't have time for this dumb wanna be bitch." I jerked my arms out his grip.

Chris grabbed my hand, "Don't leave Chanel."

I pulled it out of his and looked at Brianna, "I don't need to be here with fake ass friends. I'm better off alone. I'm going to tell ma bye then I'm leaving." I cut my eyes at Brianna and walked away.

I cannot believe she would even say something like that, some friend she is. On the other hand, I had no room to talk; because here I am falling for my best friend's boyfriend. The first time I want to be in a relationship and it's with someone that I can't have.

The saying must be true--
the more you can't have something, the more you crave it.