Ten.

"Alright ma," I said hanging up the phone. Looking over at a confused Ben, I began rubbing my temples. "I have to go, but I'll try and call you."

"What happened?"

I licked my lips, something I did when I was trying to think of a lie. "Family issues."

He nodded and I grabbed my purse, exiting his office.

This might be selfish of me, but I was beyond pissed. I mean, I haven't had from any in a few days and I'm sexually frustrated. Missing his touch makes my body go crazy.

I still don't know what I'm going to do with a baby. It has been a week since I went to my mom, but the whole week I've been gone, a baby has been the last thing on my mind. Don't get me wrong, I love Aubs more than anything in this world; but I never imagined myself having a baby. This is why I left her with my mother for that time.

"What the hell am I going to do with a damn kid?"

.

I pulled up to my mother's residence less than ten minutes later. She was sitting on the porch in her chair.

"Hi ma," I said walking up the few steps she had.

"Well hello Chanel, are you ready to take her with you?" I hesitantly nodded and I guess she sensed that. "You're going to be fine, don't worry. You have have all the baby things I bought for her."

She turned around to walk in the house and I rolled my eyes.

"How am I supposed to take care of her? I don't know the least bit in raising a child. I know she would be in good hands here, so that's why I left her to be with you."

"Most of the time it comes naturally, like I said, you'll be fine Chanel. Stop stressing," my mom said holding Aubree in her arms.

"Whatever," I mumbled. "Don't we need to get all of her things in the car first?"

We began hauling every last piece of her items in the car, down the where her entire room was blank. She has so much damn stuff, it's crazy.

"Do you have an extra room at your place for her?" I nodded.

"There's a room that I don't even use, she can have it."

She simply nodded and handed Aubree to me, kissing her cheek after she was safely in my arms.

"You take care of her, she's the sweetest baby ever. She doesn't even cry much; and once she gets used to you, she'll love you." My mom explained as I strapped her into the car seat she gave me.

"Yeah, well I'll see you some other time mom." I got in the car and started it up. "Oh, what does she eat?"

"She drinks formula, any brand is fine but I buy her Pediasure."

I rolled up the window and headed to the market to pick her up some formula. To my surprise, she was still sleeping peacefully in the back. Damn, this girl is a hard sleeper.

"Hello?" I answered the phone when I felt it vibrate.

"Chanel, I need you to come in tonight and dance."

"I can't do it tonight, I have-- I'm sort of tied up right now." I sighed, looking in my rear view at the still sleeping infant.

"I don't give a damn--"

"Look Shark, I said I can't fucking do it. I'm not about to drop everything and come dance. Why you need me anyways?"

"Were short of a dancer and we want every stage full." I rolled my eyes.

"So I'm supposed to drop everything and come dance? Hell no, not this time. What I have to do is way more important than this shit." And with that I hung up the phone.

Shark has always been demanding, he had to have it right then and there. You're supposed to change all your plans and cater to him. Hell nah, he must have me twisted. I've let him push me around enough, not this time.

I heard a tiny sneeze in the back of the car, meaning that Aubree had woken up.

We pulled into the store parking lot, so I turned around to see her fully awake. When she saw me, a look of confusion flushed across her face. I just got out and went to the back to unbuckle her. She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and I picked her up.

"Mmmf," she mumbled in that language that only babies could speak and understand. I giggled because it was so cute.

.

.

We had been in the store for about an hour or so. Mostly because there was a huge baby section and I found the cutest clothes for Aubree. I even got her some little toys and a walker.

"Chanel?" I heard someone call behind me.

I turned around to be face-to-face with Chresanto.

"Uh, hi Chresanto. What brings you here?"

"I needed to snacks and stuff for the house," he glanced behind me to the basket. I guess he was looking at the baby. "What brings you here?"

"I-- uh, needed to get some-- things." I stuttered.

"Some baby things?" I nodded. "Who's baby?"

"Uh, I'm babysitting for a friend." He took another look at the baby, then back at me.

"Are you sure because she looks a lot like you to me."

"Look--" I started to defend myself before he cut me off.

"She's yours, isn't she?"

I sighed and nodded.

"I didn't know you had a daughter."

"She lived with my mom for a while, then-- now she's with me." He nodded in understanding and walked over to the basket.

"What's her name?" He began tickling her belly and smiling.

"Aubree."

"Pretty name for a pretty little baby girl," he smiled at her.

I doubt Aubree understood anything that was going on. She was chewing on the little stuff rabbit I got her.

"Uh, well we should probably get going." I said.

"Hey Chanel, uh, I know you've been trying to avoid me after that kiss-- well, avoiding all of us." He started, "I just wanted to apologize."

"I didn't pull away and I could've-- should've. It's both of our fault, but don't worry about it. That was a little over a week ago, it's fine now. Let's just forget about it."

He kissed my cheek and put his lips up to my ear, "I can't forget about it."