Thirty-Two.

"I just don't understand why he hasn't called or texted me?" Avery whined as we walked through the mall.

She's been going on and on about how Chresanto has been avoiding her and I was tired of hearing it. Mostly because I was trying to forget about him.

It's been two days since that picture was taken and Chresanto and I had that little blow out. I've really been trying to forget about him, but I'm so angry at him that I can't.

"Why are you so worried about him? You don't need him, he's just some basketball player that's going to let the fame get to him," I stated.

"No, you don't know Chresanto. That doesn't even sound like him," she responded. "He's just not like that."

I nodded not wanting to take the conversation any further. She did know Chresanto longer than me, I've only known him for almost a year. Maybe he wasn't like that, but that Eva situation was really making me think on that.

The mall was really packed to where you could smell the scent on every person, some bad and good. It was really hot in here too because the people were so close to each other.

The good thing about it was that the mall was huge, so there was still enough room to walk around and stuff. There were more people in New York than I thought just looking at all the people in this mall.

"Chanel, are you even listening to me?" Avery asked, seeming annoyed.

"Not really, what did you say?"

"I wanted to know if you think I should call Chresanto. Maybe something is wrong with him, it isn't like him to do things like this." She said scrolling through her phone.

I had a gut feeling that she was going to call him no matter my opinion.

"Sure, yeah whatever." I shrugged.

The main reason we were here was because Jarod said that there was some athletic award ceremony and the whole team needed to be there, including the wives and girlfriends.

I think it's called the ESPYs or something, I don't know. I do know for sure that Chresanto is going to be there and that he's going to have a date.

And since that will be the case, I'm going to make sure that I'm dressed to my very best ability. Since Avery is still here, she's going to be joining us too. She's all in high hopes to be Chresanto's date, but I know for a fact that that's not going to be happening.

I heard Avery speaking behind me, but I really wasn't paying attention to her. I had too much on my mind to even try to figure out what she could be talking about.

Once I came back to reality I decided to turn my attention back to Avery. I mean, I did bring her up here to hang with her and all my Chresanto mess was getting in the way of that.

"So Ave," I started off calmly. "What's you and Chresanto's history?"

She looked taken back by me asking her that, so she started messing with clothes. "Do you think this is cute?"

I could tell she was stalling because she held the most hideous peace of clothing ever in her hands. But, why was she stalling? Was her past with Chresanto that bad that she couldn't talk about it?

Either way, I was going to get it out of her.

"That shirt is blah and did you not hear my question?"

"What question," she walked off and picked up another piece of clothing examining it.

This shirt was actually really cute, so incredibly cute that I might have to- wait, what am I saying? I got side tracked myself.

"Avery, what happened with you and Chresanto? Why did you two break up?" I asked again, getting agitated.

"Why does it matter to you? You're acting like you know him," she asked catching an attitude.

Now hold up bitch, I asked a question. I had never seen her get like this before.

'Cause I do know him as a matter of fact,' is what I wanted to say. But instead I said: "I was just asking."

"I'm sorry, it's just that it's a pretty sort of touchy subject for me." She said with pleading eyes.

"We're friends now, you can tell me things like this. Seems like you need to let it out anyway," I said honestly.

"Okay well it all started back when we were freshmen in high-school, I didn't really know anyone so I was some what awkward around people; as for Chresanto, he made friends fast."

Flashback

"I arrived on campus about 15 minutes before class started, so I decided to walk around and explore a little bit. I was wandering around and came upon the gym, I could hear noises and things coming from there so I went inside to see what was going on. The basketball team was having practice and of course, Chresanto was there. Boy, was he good at basketball.

He saw me standing there just staring at him, so he flashed one of those million dollar smiles at me. His coach blew a whistle and all the boys started to dispurse throughout the gym. Chresanto came up to me ans asked what my name was, of course I told him.

We went on a few dates and almost instantly we clicked, he was the most amazing guy that I had ever met in my life. He always had me laughing and kept me smiling pretty much 24/7, that's what I loved so much about him.

We dated pretty much up until our sophomore year of college. Along with it being a great year of my life, it was also the worst. A few months earlier I found out that I was pregnant with Chresanto's baby, I was literally devasted. Not because I didn't want to have his baby, only because this just wasn't the right time. I wasn't ready for a baby, I had my entire life ahead of me. I hadn't even got to start my career and I was already expecting a baby. When I told Chresanto he seemed fine about it:

"We can do this together," he told me. "I'm going to be getting drafted in a couple years, people are already watching me. I have some money saved up and my parents had a trust find for me, we're going to be good."

I could still remember those exact words. Although they were reassuring, I was still doubting this whole pregnancy. So, the next morning I got up early and went to the clinic to get an abortion.

Chresanto took the news hard, he screamed and yelled. He even shed a few tears, but I'll never forget the last words he told me before we broke up.

"How could you do something like that? I'll never be able to trust you again," is what he said.

He never spoke to me again and avoided me as much as possible.

"I guess I really did hurt him," Avery sighed.

I took in all that she had told me; I was utterly shocked. "You went behind his back aborted the baby?"

She nodded slowly and bit her bottom lip.

'That's some fucked up shit,' I thought. Now I see why he doesn't want her anymore. I would have done the same exact thing.

"Well, I'm sorry for you're loss I guess."

I didn't really know what to say, after all, it was only her fault.

---------------------------------

Ending this book @ the 40th chapter, might hit ya'll with a sequel.