Twenty-Eight.

The ride there was pretty silent, I was completely annoyed with Avery. I mean it wasn't her fault that she dated Chresanto, and honestly I don't even know why I was mad about the whole situation.

It just irked my nerves that she thought she could come up here and win him back with such ease. I don't even know if he was still with Brianna or not, I haven't talked to them since that whole little scene at Ma's house.

Speaking of Ma, I should probably try to call her later on or tomorrow.

I shouldn't even be mad about that in the first place. Avery and Chresanto knew each other way before I met him, he isn't mine and I'm in a "relationship"; so, what was there I could be mad about?

"Chanel, you alright?" Avery asked in her soft voice.

I nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"You're about to squeeze through the steering wheel and you haven't really blinked much in the last 5 minutes," she laughed awkwardly.

"I'm fine Ave, just have a lot of things on my mind."

"You want to talk about it?" She asked and my eyes got big, but they soon went back to normal so she wouldn't notice.

"Oh, n-no. That's fine, I'm fine. Thanks for asking though."

That was the end of the conversation because we soon pulled up at Panini's. The restaurant was pretty packed, but I'm sure most of the cars were owned by the players of the team.

I walked in slowly while Avery walked in ahead of me. Probably excited to see Chresanto because she moved at lightening speed, never have I seen her move that fast.

About a minute after Avery walked in, I entered behind her. I looked around for a seat to sit in and I found two empty seats next to Jarod, but Avery was too busy talking to Chresanto. He probably didn't even notice me walk in.

I sat down next to Jarod and he looked at me. I gave him a slight smile and he returned the gesture. What the hell?

His happiness was probably through the roof because his team had just won their first game, and it was home.

I wasn't complaining because that meant no attitude from him tonight, he might even be good until the next game.

I could feel someone's eyes on me, but I refused to look around to see who it was. I kept my eyes on the menu and continued to scan over the meals. This stuff was pretty expensive and there were things I've only heard of on TV, on those reality shows.

The more time passed by, the more annoyed I got with Avery's constant flirtatious giggles. I only heard Chresanto speak one time out of the conversation, but the rest was her non stop rambling about something I couldn't make out.

I decided to look over in their direction and Chresanto was staring dead at me. I hurriedly looked away as if I never looked that way in the first place, but I could still feel him staring.

I knew he wanted to tell me something, so he mouthed "meet me at the bathroom" while Avery was looking through her purse for something. He whispered something in her ear and got up.

I waited a little while before following him so it wouldn't be obvious of what we were trying to do. No one up here knows that Chresanto and I know each other, and I'm trying to keep it like that.

I got to the bathroom and didn't see Chresanto there.

"What the hell?" I semi-yelled as I was jerked into the bathroom.

Chresanto locked the door and turned to face me. He smiled and pulled me in a genuine, heart-warming hug.

I absorbed the scent of his cologne and almost fell into a trance.

"What is this about Chres?" I asked oblivious to why he wanted me here.

"I missed you, I haven't seen you since the party and that was months ago. How have you been?" He was still smiling and staring directly into my eyes.

I shrugged, "I'm fine. You?"

"Great, I'm living my dreams. I'm in the NBA playing for a championship team. What could be better than this? Although I'm a rookie, I'm starting! This is an amazing feeling."

I smiled at his excitement, I was happy that he was living out his dreams. It made me feel good inside because I know how bad he wanted this.

"Why are you just smiling like that?" He chuckled. "Not that I don't love to see you smile, it's just that you hardly ever are smiling."

"I was just thinking about something," I stated. I was doing a lot of thinking tonight and I'm guessing when I think, I look like a weird statue of some sort.

"Care to share?" He questioned in a concerning way.

"No, it's nothing important anyway." I tried to change the subject, "so Avery?"

He laughed, "what about her?"

I tried to make it seem like I was all for them getting "back" together. Although the thought of them being together made my stomach churn.

"I see you guys hitting it off." I smirked and playfully nudged his shoulder.

"We dated a couple years back and ended on a sort of bad note, I know she wants to get back together though. She was telling me that out there." I nodded pretending to me into what he was saying. I definitely wasn't though. "Do you think I should get back with her?"

He looked at me with a raised brow and his lips were planted into a straight line. He expected something from me, but I'm not sure what.

I nodded. I'm not sure why I gave him permission when I know damn well I didn't want them together. I just know how bad Avery wants him and it would be selfish of me to keep him away.

He scooted in closer to me, our face were now centimeters apart. I could feel his cool, minty breath on my face. "What was that, I couldn't hear you."

I took a step back, "I said yeah, you guys should try it again."

His facial expression changed into a shocked look. He definitely wasn't expecting me to say that.

It was silent for a few seconds.

"Well I should probably get back to the table before they think something is up." I chuckled awkwardly.

"Wait, I'm pretty sure you got a new number. Can I have it?" He paused, "just as friends of course."

"Sure," I grabbed a pin out of my purse and a notepad. "Here."

I started to exit the bathroom, but turned around and said "good game."

Before I was fully out of sight and sound, I heard him say, "You too Chanel, you too."

I have no idea what that meant, but I know things were only going to get crazier from now on.