≥7≤ Decisions

When I got home, my parents weren't there yet. This may be a good thing, I need time to think. I dropped my backpack on the kitchen table. I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. Should I tell Taeyang? Should I not? I didn't want to keep secrets from him, but this one I wouldn't be able to hide for long. As I sat thinking, my phone buzzed. It was a text from Taeyang.

                          (T): hey! I didn't see you much today, what's bugging you?

I sighed, great, he's already suspicious! I quickly sent him a response.

                           (S): it's something I need to talk to you about face to face. Can we meet somewhere after dinner?

                           (T): of course! You know I'm always here for you!

                           (S): thank you! Come over here around 7, I'll be in the tree fort waiting!

                            (T): ok!

I stared at my phone for a minute. No lies, just the absolute truth. I thought, as I heard my parents' cars pull in the driveway. I quickly grabbed my backpack and brought it upstairs, it always bugged my mom when I left it in random places.

After dinner, I helped with the cleanup. "Taeyang is coming over at seven, we're going to be doing homework in the tree fort." I told my mom, as we worked.

"Ok dear! When you're done come down for a piece of cake." She responded, with a smile.

"No funny business!" I heard my dad tease, from the living room.

"Dad, you know it's not like that!" I called back, annoyed. My parents both laughed.

"It better not be." My dad chuckled. I just rolled my eyes. Ever since I had turned 16, two years ago, my parents had acted funny about Taeyang and I being alone. I kept assuring them that it was nothing like that, but they always seemed to think that. Of course, I never said a word of any of that to Taeyang, he would definitely tease me.

When seven o'clock rolled around, I was in the tree fort waiting for Taeyang. I heard him talking to my mom in the kitchen, then watched as he made his way to the fort.

"Sara?" He called up.

"I'm here!" I let the ladder down. He climbed up and gave me a smile, then asked, "what's wrong?"

"You have to promise not to freak out." He gave me a look but nodded, so I said, "Jiyong is back." I saw his look immediately change.

"What? Why?" He stared at me. I quickly told him everything, about Jiyong imprinting on me, and about giving him a second chance at friendship.

When I was finished, he started to freak out. "Are you insane? Why would you do that? What if he steals you away?" He looked very worried as he said that, so I quickly told him that I had made it clear that I wasn't going anywhere with him.

"I know you think I'm being stupid, and that it was against my better judgement, but he looked so sad and lonely. He regrets what he did that night." I hoped that he would understand.

After thinking about it for a minute, he shook his head, "Sara Livingston, you are too kind for your own good. I guess I will give him a second chance as well, but that doesn't mean that I will trust him." 

I nodded, hoping that they wouldn't clash, more then they used to. Now that his secret was known to us. If Jiyong can't control the wolf, then who knows what he would do to Taeyang. I shuddered at the thought, I wouldn't let him hurt him, or anyone else. After he left, I went to bed. Hopefully a good night's sleep would help erase my anxiety.

The next day was Saturday, so I got to sleep in a bit. But when I got up, I saw that it was raining. Lovely. I called Taeyang, hoping that he was home. His mom told me that he was busy with his team, and he'd be gone all day. Great. Both my parents are working and Taeyang is busy. I'm going to die of boredom.  I plopped down on the couch. I turned on the TV, but there was nothing to watch. I wanted to scream into a pillow. But then my phone buzzed, I quickly checked it. It was from Jiyong.

                                            (J): hey Sara! It's kind of a boring, rainy day so I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me? We could go somewhere or just stay at home if you want!

I gave a sigh of relief and sent my response.

                                            (S): Yes! I'm so bored! Can we go rollerblading? I need the practice and I don't want to be cooped up in the house.

                                             (J): sure, I'll come get you in about ten minutes!

I jumped up and started to get ready, changing out of my pajamas and grabbing my rollerblades. This should be fun. I thought, as I waited for him. It sounded like he wanted things to go back to the way they were before too.

               Hey guys! Thank you for reading and also for your continued support!
          Rachel :)