>17< Professor Choi

When I got home I called Sunny, but when she didn't answer I sighed and started on homework. About an hour later, she finally texted me.

                    (Su): Hey Sara! Sorry I missed your call, I just got home.

                    (S): That's ok! Where were you?

                    (Su): I had a dentist appointment and then my aunt took me on a random shopping trip.

                     (S): So you skipped school for a random shopping trip, eh? :P

                     (Su): No, it was my aunt from out of town! She must've not realized or something, I don't know!

I laughed when I read that, Sunny was hilarious. We texted for a bit longer and then I asked my parents of she could come over, it took some convincing but after awhile they said yes. I texted Sunny excitedly. When Sunny got here, we went up to my room.

"So, when does your grounding period end?" She asked, as soon as I shut the door.

"Saturday." I replied, then asked, "why, did you contact Professor Choi?"

"Yes. My dad set up a meeting with him. We can go next Monday." She gave me a huge grin.

I couldn't believe it. "Maybe now we can get answers." I thought about everything that had transpired. Sunny nodded in agreement.

I felt like the week was going terribly long, Sunny and I were both impatient for Monday. Taeyang was let out of the hospital, it was earlier than we expected but that was good. I wasn't sure if I should tell Taeyang about seeing Professor Choi. He'd want to go too and he wasn't well enough yet. In the end though, I ended up telling him. I didn't want to keep another secret from him.

I could tell that he wanted to go with us, but he couldn't. I told him that Sunny and I would tell him everything. He just nodded and still seemed grumpy.

When Monday finally rolled around, Sunny and I were very impatient, we could barely make it through school.  When the day was finally over, Sunny and I ran out to wait for her dad.

"Why can't you just drive us?" I asked her.

"Because it's two and a half hours away and my dad is worried I'll get lost or something." She looked amused.

"Well, he's not wrong." I teased her playfully.

"Hey!" Sunny exclaimed, making me laugh. Sunny just grinned at me mischievously. 

"Sara! Do you need a ride?" I heard someone say, I turned around and saw Seungri. Sunny stared at him, looking confused and kind of freaked out.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm actually headed out of town for the evening." I told him. He nodded at me with a smile.

"Who's that?" Sunny asked, as we watched him walk away.

"He's from Jiyongs' pack." I told her. Sunny nodded, but she looked very freaked out. 

Just then, Sunny's dad pulled up. We waved at him and then got into the car. The ride was pretty long, and kind of boring. But when we got to Twin Pines University, I started to get nervous. I didn't know why.

"This is actually one of the colleges I'm considering." I said, as we got out of the car.

"I remember you telling me." Sunny followed me to the sidewalk.

"I'll come pick you up in an hour, ok?" Sunny's dad said.

"Ok dad, see you later." We both waved as he drove away, towards the town. 

As we walked into the building, I was suddenly wishing that it was just a normal college visit. What would we find out? I noticed that Sunny seemed a bit nervous too.

When we arrived at Professor Choi's office, we just stood there for a minute.

"Don't just stand there, knock." I looked at Sunny.

"Y...you're closer, you knock." Sunny gave me a light push towards the door.

Just then, the door opened, causing us both to jump. Thankfully neither of us screamed. We looked up and saw a man, we assumed he was Professor Choi.

"I'm sorry, did I scare you?" He asked us, looking from me to Sunny. He was very tall, well dressed and had good manners.

"Um, no. No, you didn't scare us." I gave him a smile. We quickly introduced ourselves. When we were in his office and seated, we explained to him about reading his paper and told him our cover story about the school project.

"We were hoping you could give us some more insight, like how long ago the folklore started and when the first one was sighted. Stuff like that." I explained, with a smile. I could tell that he knew we were making it up and hiding the truth, but he went along with our story anyways.

"Well, the folklore itself started back in the Middle Ages, in Europe. It was strongly influenced by the wolf role in Germanic paganism." He got up and walked over to a filing cabinet and pulled out a thick looking folder. "You may look through this." He set it on the desk.

"When was the first actual werewolf sighted?" Sunny thumbed through the papers.

"Not until shortly after the Salem witch trials, in 1693. A farmer was out plowing his field and he claimed that he saw a man change into a wolf. Of course, that led to a mega wolf hunt, but they never found anything." Professor Choi said.

"Is there always a pack?" I pulled out the papers about that subject.

"Yes, they prefer to be in a pack, and every wolf is fiercely loyal to those he loves, and to the other members of his pack. It also makes him very territorial. It's very rare that there's a rogue, but that usually depends on his calling." He explained.

"Calling? What does that mean?" I was confused. He pulled out another paper from the folder.

"It's basically the wolf's purpose. Like Guardian's Calling, for example. That means he protects and defends his friends and loved ones, even if it means losing his own life. Then there's the Judgement's Calling, which means he seeks out and brings justice to all evildoers. You can look over the paper yourself." He laid it down for us to see. Sunny and I were looking at the paper, and I was about to ask Professor Choi about imprinting, when suddenly Sunny got my attention.

"Sara, look." She pointed to something on the paper. I gasped when I saw it. It was one sentence, but what it said seemed to tell all:

                                 Bonded's Calling: find true love and soulbond.

I just stared at it, in utter disbelief and shock.

                         Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this chapter, I personally am very excited about this one. And the next one....😏 Also, I did take the liberty of having a creative point on history. I also didn't have much time to proofread it, but I'm going to come back to look for and fix any errors! I hope you like it and thanks for reading!
                          Rachel :)