>20< An Unexpected Ally

I had been here for what felt like years, when in reality it was only about three days. I kept watching the TV to see if there were any developments, it was not really anything except that there were search parties going out every night and day. I wondered what Jiyong and his pack were doing. They had to at least be gone by now, with Daesung being so unpredictable it was dangerous for him to be here, especially now. I knew that if Jiyong wasn't, then Seungri and Daesung probably were.

But then the pack always sticks together, and I would rather Jiyong be safe. I hoped he knew that, but he was stubborn. While I was being held hostage, I was forming a plan. Whenever Luis would bring my food, I would play the part of the scared little teenager. Terrified of never being let go, of never seeing her family again. But in reality, I was observing everything.

On the third day, I made my attempt. When he brought up my dinner, I was standing on the bed.

"What are you doing? Get down right now." He demanded.

"No! There's a giant rat in my closet!" I shrieked, being as annoying and scared as possible. He walked towards the closet grumbling, then, when he opened the door I pushed him in with all my strength. He yelled as he hit the floor, I quickly slammed the door shut and jammed a chair under the doorknob. When he was trapped in there yelling, and I turned and ran out of the room.

I crashed into someone, who immediately grabbed me. "No!" I cried, starting to fight to get away from him.

"Sara! Sara, it's me." He cried, grabbing my arms.

"Taeyang? Taeyang! What are you doing here?" I was confused. Taeyang put his finger to his lips, I nodded quickly and followed him.

"It's kind of a long story, I'll tell you after we meet up with the others." He took my hand and lead me to a back stairway. We snuck down to what looked like a long entryway, where a door stood open slightly.

"I'm telling you, this is a bad idea. Werewolves are fiercely loyal to each other, and if someone threatens one of their pack, they will not hesitate to attack." I heard Professor Choi's voice in the room, talking to the mayor.

"If we don't attack now then we will never have a chance to destroy them. If you want that girl to be back with her parents safely then our time is now." The mayor sounded irritated.

"And what if something happens, and Sara gets hurt in the fray?" I heard Sunny ask. I didn't hear the mayor's response because Taeyang pulled me past the door and outside where Professor Choi's car was parked.

"Quick, get in and lay down." Taeyang opened the back door. I was about to point out to him that it was fine because Luis was locked in the upstairs closet, when I heard something behind us. Taeyang quickly helped me get in the car, even though I protested. When I laid down on the floor he put a blanket over me.

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice say.

"I'm waiting for the professor to come out." Taeyang shut the door.

"Oh, that wacko!" The man said, snickering. "He's insane. He needs to get a hobby, or a girlfriend." 

With that he started laughing at his own lame joke. Taeyang went along with it and laughed nervously. Just then, Professor Choi and Sunny came out. They exchanged a few words with him and then got in the car, Taeyang following.

"May I come out now?" I was feeling hot and irritated from the scratchy blanket. I sat up when Taeyang pulled it off me.

"Sara! I knew it, I knew Burgess had something to do with it." Sunny grabbed my hand. I gave her a smile to let her know that I was ok.

"How did you find me?" I looked around at them. It seemed like the mayor's house was the last place to look, since he covered my disappearance so well.

"It was Sunny. She called me telling me that she needed my help, and she said that she knew where you were. Apparently the mayor of Grove City isn't as trustworthy as we all thought." Choi explained.

"We told the mayor's house keeper that Seunghyun knew everything about werewolves and he could help in the search, so she let us in. Once we were in the mayors office, Taeyang snuck in and looked around." Sunny explained further.

"But how did you know I was there?" I was still confused about that.

"It was the way the mayor reacted, when your mom flat out asked him where you were and what he had done with you." Sunny said. "He acted weird but said that he didn't know, and would make sure you were home safe."

"Where are my parents? Are they ok?" I felt concerned for them.

"Yes, they're fine. They're at my house waiting for us." Taeyang took my hand. I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Sunny, is Jiyong ok?" I asked her. I noticed Taeyang's expression change slightly, but it quickly disappeared.

"He's ok for now, Sunmi and I somehow managed to keep him home so he wouldn't do anything rash. He's freaking out and needs to see you." Sunny rolled her eyes slightly.

I nodded when I heard this, I was wondering why he hadn't torn in and swept me away.

"So did you meet Seungri and Daesung?" I asked her.

"No, they're gone. For now at least." Sunny replied. I nodded, my suspicions were correct.

When we pulled into Taeyang's driveway, I got out and started to walk towards the house. I was no more then two steps forward when I got bombarded by my parents. I hugged them tightly as they cried. Then they hugged Seunghyun, Taeyang and Sunny, thanking them over and over again.

Taeyang's house seemed to be the perfect hiding place, since it wasn't in the city. Almost as soon as we got inside my dad started threatening to sue the mayor for kidnapping. This led to a debate on whether anyone would believe us or not, since unfortunately, the mayor was very well respected.

Taeyang took me aside. "Sara, can we talk outside?"

Sunny called to me telling me that she was going to call Sunmi. I nodded at her as I followed Taeyang outside. What did he need to talk to me about?

Here's another chapter! I hope you guys liked it! Thanks so much for the reads and the votes! It means a lot!
Rachel :)