>26< Rescue - Part 1

I waited for Jiyong and Daesung to get back, I paced around the living room. I walked over to the window and looked out again for the billionth time.

"Sara, they'll be here soon! Come and eat!" My mom said, motioning to the table.

"Yes, please!!!" Sunny said, irritated. I walked over and sat down.

"What if something happened?" I asked, looking towards the window again. Sunny groaned and put her face in her hands. Seungri sat in the corner of the room, looking sad. As I watched my mom take care of him, I chuckled to myself.

When she heard about what happened, she went overprotective mother mode and took him under her wing. I could tell that he appreciated it. Just then, we heard a car drive up.

"They're back!" I cried, jumping up. I ran to the front door, with Sunny following. I noticed Taeyang was watching us too. I quickly opened it and ran straight to Jiyong, he held me tightly for a minute. Then he lead me around to the side of the house.

"I want you to know that I will always love you no matter what. But what happened last night, it made me realize that it could've been you. I will not let you throw your life away and live on the run because of me." He said, I could tell that he was traumatized as well as terrified of losing me the way he lost Sunmi.

"Jiyong, no! Don't do this! Please don't do this!" I cried, grabbing his hand. "I don't want you to leave me!"

When he heard this, he put his arms around me and held me close. "I'm sorry!" He whispered, his voice breaking. "You'll be safer with Taeyang!" I knew that it tore him apart inside saying that.

"Where will you go?" I asked, fighting back tears.

"I'm going to join my grandmother." He said, and before I could say anything, he kissed me softly. Then he ran off in the direction of the town. I ran back inside yelling that Jiyong needed help and we had to stop him.

"Sara, calm down and tell us what's going on!" Seunghyun said, grabbing my shoulders and making me sit on a chair. I took a deep breath and then told them what Jiyong had just told me.

"No! No he can't!" Daesung cried, when I was done, "I've got to stop him!"

"No, you can't do it alone! We all need to work together!" Seunghyun said. So together, we came up with a plan. It took all of us to convince Seungri to help too. But in the end, my mother was the one who got him to agree.

"If he kills me then I hold all of you responsible." He retorted. We all just gave him a look. So, later that day, Sunny and I scouted around town, looking for any sign of Jiyong. After looking for a few hours, we both felt like giving up. I suddenly noticed the sheriff's department. I suddenly got an idea about where Jiyong was!

"Sunny, pull over for a minute!" I said. When she had done so, I got out and ran towards the sheriff's department. The building was very old, and there were three old fashioned cells in it, in the back of the front room.

I peeked in through the window, and there was Jiyong, in the second cell. He was sitting on the bed, hugging his knees with his head leaning against them. The sheriff and his deputy were sitting at the desk in the front of the room. The deputy looked nervous, he kept glancing at Jiyong. The window was open a crack so I heard everything they were saying.

"What if he gets out and bites us?" The deputy was saying.

"Will you knock it off, Jeff? If you ask me this whole thing is a wild goose chase. The mayor just wants someone to blame and it happens to be him!" The sheriff responded, sounding irritated.

So the sheriff doesn't believe in werewolves, good! I thought, running back to the car. I told Sunny what I saw and heard.

"I'm going to call Seunghyun!" She said, pulling out her cell phone. She called him and told him what we found out.

"Find somewhere low key to hide, and we'll come to you!" He said, we told him we would do so and then hung up.

"Where are we going to find somewhere low key?" Sunny asked, looking around.

"Let's try the library!" I suggested, Sunny nodded and we quickly drove there.

"Sunny, look!" I cried suddenly, pointing to a newspaper box on the sidewalk. She pulled the car over and we got out, we put a quarter in and took out the paper. What it said scared me more then anything.

Werewolf Caught. There Will Be A Public Execution Tonight In Front Of The Court House.

"What is this, the wild west??" Sunny asked, mouth agape. I shrugged.

"Seunghyun is right. Mayor Burgess wants to stay in power, he thinks this is the way to do it!" I said grimly. Sunny nodded, agreeing with me.

When we got to the library, we sat at a table near the window, so we could see when the others came. It wasn't long before we saw Seunghyun's car pull in.

They came in and we told them where Jiyong was and what I heard the sheriff and deputy say.

"So we don't change unless it's absolutely necessary!" Daesung said, Seungri nodded in agreement.

"There's something else." I told them, pulling the newspaper out of my bag and placing it on the table for them to see. After they read the headline, Daesung looked grim and Seungri's expression darkened.

"We have to move now!" Seunghyun said, we all nodded and went out to the cars. It was decided that Taeyang and I would go in and break Jiyong out, while Daesung and Sunny distracted the sheriff and deputy. Seunghyun and Seungri would go to the mayor, whose office was right near the sheriff's department. They would distract him and keep him busy so we could get Jiyong out safely. I hoped and prayed that we would all stay safe and wouldn't get caught.

Surprise!!!!!! Bonus chapter because I felt like it! 😂😂 I hope you enjoy this one! Thanks for reading and for the votes! I appreciate all of the support!
Rachel :)