>19< Fear

When I got inside, I immediately knew that something wasn't right. I shivered as I walked into the kitchen.

"Mom? Dad? Are you home?" I called, hoping that for some reason they had just gone up to bed early or something.

"Your parents aren't here." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw a big, threatening looking man standing by the table. I was about to run back outside when someone grabbed me from behind and put something over my face. The last thing I remember was smelling something sweet before blacking out. 

When I came to, I was in a large room. It looked like an attic that someone made into a bedroom, there was a couch in one corner with a coffee table. There was also a desk and chair next to the dresser. There was a giant book shelf, and next to it, a door. I jumped up off the bed and ran over to it, I turned the knob but it was locked. I tried again but to no avail, I started to panic.

Where am I? What's happening? Where are my parents?  I walked back over to the bed and sat down, trying to stay calm and figure out a plan. 

Just then, I noticed a window above the desk. I went over and looked out. I was obviously in someone's attic, but the window looked out over the back yard of whoever's house it was. I could see the big sweeping lawn and woods at the far end of it. 

Why would anyone want to kidnap me? I thought, it's not like my parents were rich. Yes, my mom worked for a law firm and my dad was a chiropractor, but we weren't super rich. I sighed and sat down. I had to figure out how to get out of here! Just then, the door opened and that scary looking guy walked in. And who I saw behind him made me gasp.

"What's the matter, my dear? You are our honored guest!" He said. I just glared at him.

"What is this about, Burgess?" My voice dripped with disgust.

"Ah, teens these days. Absolutely no respect for their elders." Mayor Burgess sat down on the desk chair. "We have reason to believe that you know where the werewolf is hiding."

"I already told you that I don't know anything." I started to get obstinate.

"Well, you obviously do. And who was that young man who kissed you last night in your back yard? My friend Luis here says that he seemed to care about you a lot." He sounded almost condescending. I tried to keep my face expressionless as I answered him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I crossed my arms.

"Stubborn to the very end, I see. Well, since you obviously have a connection with the thing, I'm sure it will come and get you. But when it does, we will be ready." The mayor said, and with that he got up and turned to go out. But before he did, he said, "you may want to reconsider which side you're on. Werewolves are not human, and if you're not careful, it will destroy you."

I sat down on the bed, hugging Jiyongs' jacket close to me. I had forgotten that I was still wearing it. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what to think. I was scared for Jiyong and his family, I was scared for my parents, I was scared for Sunny and Taeyang. If the mayor knew so much about me, then he must know about my closest friends. I have to get out of here, I have to warn them. I got up.

I walked over to the window again. "Maybe I can get out this way?" I said to myself, but when I looked out, I saw that it wasn't possible. I was very high up, from my point of view it looked like three stories. Maybe four, but I couldn't tell for sure. I walked over to the desk and dresser and looked through every single drawer, trying to find something that might help me.

Then I noticed something I hadn't before, next to the couch was another door. I ran over and opened it. It was just a closet, but inside was a TV and a whole entertainment system. I grabbed the remote and switched it on. I immediately regretted it, because on the local channel was a news flash about me. And the headline was the biggest lie I had ever seen.

                       Grove City Teen Goes Missing, Mayor Blames it on the Werewolf Epidemic and Assures Parents of Her Safe Return.

It was complete with a picture of me, and it showed a shot of my parents, my Dad looking worried and my Mom crying.  When it showed the mayor about to make a speech, I quickly turned the it off. I didn't want to hear the story that he had obviously fabricated. He set a trap for Jiyong and I was the bait. He knew that Jiyong and I were somehow connected, he didn't know how but he was determined to get him.

I sat down on the bed and cried myself to sleep, wishing that all this had never happened. I woke up about an hour later. I looked around, disappointed because it wasn't a nightmare. I looked over and saw a plate of food on the coffee table. Maybe if I starve myself I'll just die and then the mayor can't use me to hurt everyone I love. I thought, but I knew that that wasn't a good idea. My family and friends would be even more hurt if I turned up dead, and some of them probably would never recover from that.

When I was done eating, I got up and looked around the room again. I was determined to get out. Alive and unharmed, and stronger then I was before.

                         Hey everyone! So yeah, I'm getting a lot of inspiration for this story, hence all the updates! 😊 I hope you like this chapter! There's also three more coming, so keep an eye out! Thanks so much for reading and for the votes!
                          Rachel :)