>10< Repercussions

I lay in my bed, trying not to think about what happened. How did I not see that Taeyang was in love with me? When I thought back, it seemed pretty obvious. He was always sweet and gentle with me, I just thought it was because we were such close friends. But I obviously missed the fact that he wanted to be more then just friends.

He hadn't said anything when he dropped me off, he didn't get out of the car either. He just looked at me sadly, probably because I didn't say anything to him after the kiss, I just asked him to take me home. I felt really bad about it. Does he think he's ruined our friendship?  I didn't want him to think that, but I needed time to think!

Then Jiyong entered my mind. I didn't know what to do or think about what happened with him, I thought everything was going back to normal. But then that changed again too. With one kiss. He was very serious about wanting to be with me, and the kiss made it more obvious. And it also made me more confused, as my feelings for him resurfaced when he kissed me. But what scared me was how he reacted when Taeyang tried to take me away from him. I thought he was going to tear him apart.

What if he does? What if he kills him? I shuddered at the thought, no, he promised me he wouldn't. I pulled the blankets tighter around me. I want to stay here forever. Oh gosh, how will I face them in school tomorrow? I sat straight up in bed when this thought struck me, what do I do? Maybe I should pretend to be sick? That wouldn't work, my parents would see right through me. I laid back down, I could avoid them, like I did that day with Jiyong. If I told Sunny, I'm sure she'd help me. I closed my eyes to try to get some sleep. Everything will be ok. I thought, as I fell asleep.

The next morning, I got ready for my day. What will happen? I wondered. I ended up riding the bus to school, because I didn't think Taeyang would drive me. I hadn't gotten a text from him, so I figured he was mad or sad. When I got to school, I looked for Sunny. When I found her, I quickly explained what was going on, but I didn't say anything about Jiyong imprinting on me.

"Of course I'll help you." Sunny said, when I was done.

"Thank you." I was relieved, Sunny definitely had my back. I saw Jiyong, but Taeyang never showed up. I wondered if he was ok, then thought about texting him. He probably won't answer. I let out a sigh. The day went pretty well, Sunny helped me hide from Jiyong and covered for me when she could. After the school day, we went to the library and looked up werewolves. Sunny had stated a concern about there being a pack, so we wanted to see what we could find out about it.

We were sitting at the computer looking through the search results when we saw Jiyong walking towards us. Sunny quickly downsized the page before he could see it.

"Sara, may I talk to you?" He asked me. I knew I couldn't avoid him forever, so I reluctantly got up.

"I'll be back." I told Sunny, she nodded. I followed Jiyong to a quiet part of the library. 

"What is it?" I crossed my arms.

"Why are you avoiding me? I thought we were friends!" He looked at me questioningly.

"We were, and then last night happened. I wanted everything to go back to normal and then you had to do that. Why Jiyong? Why did you do it?" I was starting to get angry.

"Because I love you. And I know you love me back so why are you fighting it?" He asked me, looking into my eyes. He does know. I was dismayed.

"Jiyong, you don't understand, it's complicated. There's reasons I have to stay." I tried to explain.

"But you don't deny it, so stop fighting it." He took my hand, as if that would fix everything. I was torn, I didn't know what to do.

"It's Taeyang, isn't it? He's the reason you refuse to be with me." Jiyong said, his eyes shooting darts.

"You promised me you wouldn't hurt him." I looked at him pleadingly. I saw his whole demeanor change, he looked like he was going to go destroy something. "Jiyong?" I looked at him, hoping he'd keep his promise.

"I have to go." He said, and without another word he left. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent Taeyang a text.

(S): please be careful, Jiyong is angry, I don't want you to get hurt.

I walked back to Sunny. "I saw Jiyong leave, he looked really mad. Are you ok?" She asked me.

"I'm fine." I faked a smile, Sunny nodded and we resumed our search. We were reading an article by a Professor Seunghyun Choi when the librarian, Miss Bingley, came over to us.

" 'The Ways of Werewolves'? What in the world are you girls doing?" She asked, sounding concerned. I wracked my brain for an excuse, or any kind of cover. But I didn't know what to say.

"It's a school project." Sunny covered, "for English and literature."

"Oh! It seems a little dark for a school project." She seemed confused.

"Yeah, but our teacher Mrs Smith wants us to expand our imaginations." I gave her a smile. Miss Bingley nodded before she walked away. Sunny and I finished the article and then printed it out, along with Professor Choi's information. Maybe we could meet with him to ask him for advice. Just then, I got a text from my mom.

(Mom): Sara, you need to meet us at Grove City General Hospital, Taeyang has been in an accident.

I gasped when I saw it. He promised me. "Sara? What's wrong?" Sunny was genuinely concerned.

"I need you to drive me to the hospital, but first take me to Jiyongs'." I said, "I'll explain on the way."

"Ok." Sunny said. When we got to Jiyongs' house, I got out and walked up to the front door, trying not to remember what happened the last time I was here.

"Sara?" I heard Jiyong say, "what's wrong? Are you ok? Did something happen?"

"Don't even try to act innocent. Why did you attack him? You promised me you wouldn't hurt him." I glared at him.

"What? What are you talking about?" Jiyong looked confused. "I wouldn't break a promise, especially if I made it to you."

"Taeyang was in an 'accident,' are you mad at me because of what happened in the library?" I tried not to cry.

"Sara, I'd never hurt you." He took a step towards me.

"Get away from me, I never want to see you again." I ran back to the car.

"Sara!" I heard him yell my name. But I didn't turn around, I quickly got into the car.

"Are you ok?" Sunny asked, as we drove to the hospital. I nodded. How could he break his promise to me? I guess he doesn't love me as much as I thought he did. I thought, as we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

Plot twist!! Hehe! Sorry this chapter is longer then normal, but again, I had a lot to add and a lot of inspiration! Thanks so much for reading!
Rachel :)