>28< A Shot At Redemption

When Jiyong and I went downstairs for breakfast, everyone else was already there.

"Good morning, love birds!" Sunny teased, grinning playfully. I grinned back and tried not to blush. I noticed that she was sitting next to Daesung, and they seemed very happy together. That was good, I was glad to see them happy!

"Here Sara!" Jiyong said, pulling a chair out for me. I smiled at him as I sat down. Jiyong sat next to me and took my hand under the table.

"Ok you guys, we all know what you're doing! Eat your breakfast!" Daesung said teasingly. I giggled as Jiyong shot him a playful glare.

"Where's Seunghyun?" I asked, realizing that he wasn't in the room.

"He had to go teach at the University." Taeyang said, handing me a glass of orange juice. Jiyong gave him a look. "I'm still her best friend so get over it!" Taeyang said, returning the look.

"Oh, ok! What are we going to do about school?" I asked him, before Jiyong could say anything.

"I guess we're on holiday!" Taeyang said, shrugging.  I chuckled. After breakfast, I caught Seungri alone. 

"Jiyong said that he'll talk to you!" I told him, taking his hand.

"He wants to kill me!" Seungri said, shivering at the memory of what happened that night.

"I thought you wanted his forgiveness!" I replied.

"I do! But what if he changes his mind? What if he banishes me?? I don't know what I'd do without my brothers!" He cried, despairingly.

"Seungri, he agreed to at least listen to you! Please, if he sees how much you regret it, he might forgive you!" I said, pleadingly. Seungri sighed.

"Ok. I'll talk to him!" He said, I smiled at him and after taking his hand, led him to the back porch where Jiyong was.

"Jiyong, Seungri wants to talk to you!" I said, going over and taking his hand. Jiyong looked at him, but he kept his face blank.

"Jiyong, I'm so sorry for what I did! I know I was wrong, and it was stupid and foolish of me! Please forgive me, Jiyong! I didn't know it would end that way!" Seungri pleaded, fighting back tears. Jiyong kept his face expressionless, but I could see the anger and hurt in his eyes.

"Get out, Seungri. I never want to see you again!" He said, through clenched teeth. Seungri looked dismayed, and looked like he wanted to say something else. But the look on Jiyongs' face made him change his mind, and he quickly went back inside. 

"Jiyong." I said softly, "are you sure you want to push him away?"

"I can't do it, Sara! Not right now anyway!" He said, as his eyes filled with tears. I immediately put my arms around him, he held me close and cried softly into my neck. I wished with everything in me that I could take his pain away, but I couldn't.

The next few days were uneventful, Seungri stayed with us at Seunghyuns' house, he didn't have anywhere else to go. But he avoided Jiyong, and Daesung seemed torn about the whole thing. He was loyal to Jiyong but he wanted Seungri to come back too. I heard him tell Sunny that he wanted things to go back to the way they were, before the tragedy.

I hated to see them so torn, but I knew that the only thing I could do was give them time.

"Hey Sara, Sunny! Come look at this!" Taeyang called, on the third day we were there. He held up a newspaper. Sunny and I walked over to look at it.

                       BREAKING: Parents Of Kidnapped Girl Sue Mayor Burgess, Claiming That He Was The Mastermind Of The Whole Plot.

"Whoa!!" Sunny exclaimed, while reading the article. "It says that they claimed that the mayor made up the whole werewolf thing, and that it was scared away when the first hunting party went out!"

"Wow!" I said, looking at the paper.

"They might need you to testify, Sara!" Seunghyun said, looking at the paper as well. I just kind of nodded, I didn't know what I thought about that! I definitely did not want to see the mayor again, but I knew that I would probably have to. I sighed.

"I'm going outside for a bit!" I said, getting up. Everyone else nodded, so I went out in the back yard. I sat down on the back step, enjoying the sunshine. Graduation will be soon. I suddenly realized, that would be interesting. Would I still get to go to college? Even after being with Jiyong? I didn't know, I hoped so!

"Hey Sara!" I heard Seungri say, I looked over and saw him standing near the pool.

"Hi!" I said, smiling warmly at him. He walked over to me.

"I'm glad you don't hate me." He said, sitting down next to me.

"He doesn't hate you!" I replied, "he's just hurting. You are his brother and he loves you no matter what, that's how family works!" Seungri smiled sadly.

"I hope so!" He said softly. I could tell that he was still hurt as well. "At least Daesung still accepts me!"

"Jiyong will again too, just give him some time!" I said, placing my hand on his arm. He smiled at me. We didn't say anything after that, we just enjoyed the warm spring day together. I didn't know when he would, but I hoped for both his and Seungris' sake, that he would soon!

                    Hello there, everyone! Here's chapter 28! This story is coming to a close soon, but don't worry, there's still more coming! Thank you so much for the reads and the votes! It means a lot!
                    Rachel :)