20

Talon

I watched my Love as she was floating herself up, healing. Then my eyes landed on her older twin sister Phoenix, well Raven. The one who was originally supposed to be down with her father learning these dark spells that Raven, I mean Phoenix knows. Once my cover was blown, I phase through the Tower as my bare gray feet touching the cool roof of the Tower. The moon shined down on this city from what I heard to be called Jump City. A evil grin slowly appeared on my lips.

What a perfect way to cause Raven... I mean Phoenix trouble is by making a grand entrance, don't you think! I snapped my fingers and I disappeared into Raven's.... Phoenix's mind.

Phoenix's mind

I flew around Raven..... Phoenix's dark and corrupted mind. It still felt like home to me and I see nothing have changed at all. From the broken tree branches to the dark colored sky. I remember the countless of times where me and Raven..... Phoenix would run away into her mind and just talk. Then I see Raven... Phoenix floating up mediating like she always do. A smirk appeared on my lips as I walked over to the love of my life.

"Raven, Raven, Raven it's good to see you!" I smirked stopping a few feet behind Raven.

"The name is not Raven, it's Phoenix if you haven't noticed and it's not nice to see you!" Raven... Phoenix spoke as she was ready to fight me.

"Aww that kinda hurts Raven... I mean Phoenix, remember all those good times we shared together?" I teased with a evil smirk still on my face.

"I remember but all that comes down to is you using me!"

"I have never used you, you are the love of my life!"

"No I was not and get out of my mind before I send you to a place in my mind you really don't want to be in!"

"Fine I'll leave but just know you'll see me again real soon!"

I snapped my fingers and vanished from Raven's....... Phoenix's mind.

Phoenix

I woke up taking deep breaths shocking Raven as she put her hands on my shoulders, dropping her book on the ground.

"Phoenix are you okay?" Raven asked me with worry in her eyes but her tone of voice is the same.

"Yes I am, sorry for troubling you but I must go," I said getting up out of my bed.

"Where are you going, you are too weak to be going somewhere,"

"I'm fine I just need to take a fly around Jump City that's all, I'll be right back,"

Raven nods her head at me and flew out of my room. I flew past Beast Boy, Robin, and Cyborg on the way out. Robin and Cyborg called out to me but Beast Boy. I stopped flying while just floating in the air, I turned around to look at Beast Boy with sadness in my eyes. He still looked upset with me. I turned back around flying through the wall, phasing my way out of the Tower.

It was night out, the moon was out shining brighter than ever. But right now since my encounter with my old past, Talon, I couldn't admire it knowing things will change around here for the worst since Talon is here. My mission for coming out of my bed is to find out why Talon decided to come to Earth and what does he want? I flew high in the sky as I crossed my legs mediating, focusing on Talon's location. Once I found the location of Talon I gritted my teeth and flew to his location which is the Jump city's cemetery.

Jump City's Cemetery

I walked through the darkest part of Jump City which is their cemetery. The ground was black as night and there was spooky gray looking trees with no leaves on their branches. There was cobwebs on people's graves. I thought this is the perfect place for Talon of all places would choose to see. I scanned my surroundings and soon my violet eyes meet the back of my least favorite person in the world right now, Talon.

"I knew you would find me, you must can't get enough of me," Talon said being cocky as he was turning around facing me.

"Oh shut up, it was easy to find you since you always fascinated with dead people but why are you here?" I said with anger.

"To see you of course!"

"I've never crossed your mind since I left so don't try to play or trick me!"

"You really did my bundle of ashes!"

Talon came close to me pulling my hood down to see my whole face. Talon but his cold hands on my cheeks.

"I really love you Phoenix," Talon whispered for only us to know.

"You had a chance to pick between me or power. You chose power over me for the whole time we was together. I refuse to be used and to be played by you ever again!" I said strongly blasting him down to the ground causing him not to be closer to me.

Talon stared at me with hurt in his eyes as he phased through the ground. The very cool breeze blew through my violet hair. The breeze was making my skin very cold.

Cyborg

Robin, Beast Boy, and I followed Phoenix to this cemetery which was really strange. Robin tapped Beast Boy and I and pointed over to the dark shadows of alley away from Phoenix but close enough to see what she is doing.

"Why is Phoenix at this cemetery?" I asked with confusion.

"I don't know but we are about to find out," Robin said as he was staring straight at Phoenix.

"It seems like she is meeting someone here more like a boy," Beast Boy said as he started to get jealous.

Clear as day Beast Boy was right, Phoenix came to see a boy. At first it's seem to be anger but it slowly turned into something slightly romantic. I could hear Beast Boy breath hitched as he saw the boy towering over Phoenix as he put his gray hands on her cheeks. You could see the love in his 4 eyes. Phoenix blasted the boy away from her as I heard Beast Boy sigh in relief. Once the boy started to disappear in the ground, Robin gesturing to follow him out of the shadows.

When we was out of the shadows a very cold breeze sweep past our bodies. I see Phoenix holding herself, she must be cold. She was staring at the ground like she was lost.

"Phoenix who is that?" I asked with worry.

Phoenix turned around with tears streamed down her face. The trees broke in half causing a huge crash on the black ground.

"No one, just someone from my past that's all," Phoenix said sadly holding herself blocking off the cold.

"Are you sure about it being no one, it seemed like you two have a history! A special history at that?" Beast Boy said jealously with his arms crossed.

"WHAT??? HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN WATCHING ME THIS WHOLE TIME?" Phoenix shouted in a shocking tone of voice.

"Yes we did but we all got this funny feeling that you was up to something so we followed you here," Robin explained looking sad.

Phoenix cleaned her face of tears. She put her hood on her head like she doesn't want to show her face anymore. Phoenix waved her hand fixing the broken trees. She started flying up but stopped staring down at me, Robin, and Beast Boy.

"It doesn't matter because that person doesn't mean nothing to me anymore," Phoenix said as she started flying home.

"I have a feeling she is lying to us," Beast Boy said with his arms crossed shivering a bit.

"Me too, but the thing is we must respect Phoenix's privacy. If she wants to tell us then she will let us know when the time is right," Robin agreed and gave us his thoughts.

"Let's go home because this place gives me a creeps!" I said as I see creep birds landing on the dead tree branches of the cemetery. It was staring at us like we was a meal to them.

"Yea lets go before Raven and Starfire notice that we are gone from the Tower," Robin said as he ran out of the cemetery leaving me and Beast boy behind him.