Chapter 21 - (Feelings?)

Staring at my screen, I couldn’t believe what I just read. Did he really just defend me like that? My heart was jumping up and down in my chest. It was on the verge of breaking free and flying in happiness.

He was standing up for me. Me!

Re-reading his tweet, one particular part caught my attention; ‘Maggie and I’s relationship is none of your business.’

Our relation, I didn’t even know we had a relationship to start with. Did we even have a relationship? What kind of a relationship did we have?

We were friends; friends who felt comfortable talking to each other but still felt a bit shy and awkward around one another. I didn’t know how he felt about me, but I knew I had some mixed feelings towards him.

I had no idea whether I liked him like a friend or if I like him in another way. I mean, sure he was gorgeous to the eye and I can never stop stealing quick glances over him, but that could be just a crush.

And yeah, I wished he would just throw his arms around my shoulder and nudge my face just like he does with Aaroosa or the way he is always protective over Waliyha, especially when Kaliq was around and the pieces of advice he gave her to make sure she knew how to take care of herself, but that could be just me wishing I had a brother.

But what about the feeling I get when he looks at me and I want nothing more than to be in his arms, to feel his lips brushing mine softly and to hear his angelic voice whispering only to my ear?

Accidently clicking on the tweet, I frowned as the page started to load. I waited for a second before hitting on the previous page but that’s when I saw all the replies to his tweet and they made me curious.

Scrolling down some of them, I started to pick the ones that weren’t spams asking for follow or something like that. Most of the replies were sweet; trying to make Zayn feel better, apologizing for the way the fans have been acting and saying that they totally respect his privacy which was sweet.

Others were talking about the fact that he was dating; some were happy and congratulated the both of us, saying how cute we looked together and how pretty I looked which wasn’t true but it was nice nonetheless. Also there were the ‘sobers’ who just said how unfair it was that Zayn was taken and they have no chance with him, they also mentioned how jealous they were of me because of that tweet. Heck I was jealous of me after reading that tweet.

So far, what I read was a mixture of nice, sweet, funny tweets that made me smile. The horrible rumors were out and now everyone was talking about me and Zayn dating.

Something that I thought was very funny, was how fast the old rumor was forgotten and the new rumor was the buzz. And what was even funnier, was that neither Zayn nor I had mentioned anything about dating but people just assumed we were so I let it slide thinking it’s better than the previous one.

Scrolling down some more tweets, I noticed some hate. By now my mood was just way too good to be spoiled with what people said and to be totally fair, their words weren’t as horrible as before. They just said that we were faking it and that management had definitely put us on to promote the boys’ new album or whatever.

Oh, god! Management! They must be flipping on Zayn right now for throwing a fit on twitter! They cared way too much about what those fans think. I even read somewhere that they controlled what the boys could and couldn’t say, and they do or share on Social Medias.

 Feeling guilty, I immediately closed twitter and texted Zayn. He was going to be in so much trouble because of me, and that’s something I didn’t want to be living with.

Just saw your tweet. What the hell?

It’s so sweet but I don’t want you to get in trouble because of me :( x